A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got my radio harness adapter and faceplate yesterday. I'm installing today and came across a 3rd harness connected to the top of stock stereo. So my question is what is this harness for? Where does it go for my aftermarket radio? Do I have to have it connected? First pic is my harness adapters connected and the 3rd one at top in question. Bottom pic is back of stock stereo where 3rd connector plugged in.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Looks like the plug for optional CD changer. Can you send a pic of the back of that plug also look under the heater controls and see if the other end is there with same style plug.

·
Registered
8,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well got everything hooked up just the am fm don't work. Don't know why but don't really use the radio mostly the aux

·
Super Moderator
20,872 Posts
Just no radio????

Did you connect the antenna? Usually that's got its own plug. Maybe not in our cars, not sure because I have never swapped mine out.

·
Registered
8,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep its plugged in

·
Super Moderator
20,872 Posts
Ok cool. I figured. Just one of those things that's super simple but in a rush may just slip your mind to plug up,so figured worth mentioning in case.

Strange the radio doesn't work. Do you have an aftermarket antenna or anything?

·
Registered
8,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ya I have a shorty antenna worked with stock radio

·
Super Moderator
20,872 Posts
Hmmm. A real mystery then.

·
Registered
8,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Doesn't really bother me. Use my phone for music anyways

·
Registered
4 Posts
You have to power the antenna. Depending on the harness it may be in different pin. Refer to radio manual for what is that antenna wire. Most likely solid blue from radio.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
that third one is for the CD changer.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
You have to power the antenna. Depending on the harness it may be in different pin. Refer to radio manual for what is that antenna wire. Most likely solid blue from radio.
I don't think he has a power antenna or a rf amp inline. It sure sounds like antenna is disconnected, open in cable. That's assuming the radio was previously working.

·
Registered
8,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I dont have a power antenna and i have the sub in the rear deck

1 - 13 of 13 Posts