20,873 Posts

·
Registered
3,006 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6,823 ·
Been piling (burying) the Sentra in Jeep parts lately :)

Tire carrier back bumper is waiting, sitting on a box with retractable rock slider steps inside.

It's gonna be sooo cool! But alas, I'm still pondering waiting to pounce on a front bumper good deal... I have new online buying methods that are getting good results. Hey anybody local need a JK 4 door slant back soft top brand new in box? I have a spare LOL.

IMG_20170927_192532.jpg

Anyway, Sorry about being lame, hope everyone is alive / well / and something making them happy.

I'm afraid to go too far on the Jeep so I'm saving the Sentra, still in my indefinite long term project mode. No desire to part with.

A nice old pic...
DSC05191.JPG

and a jeep pic too!

IMG_20170813_200129.jpg

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
And they even match each other .
My poor old girl is just sitting in the driveway, patiently waiting for me to install lca bushings, home made anti-lift kit, alignment, ect ect. Could only afford insurance on one car this year so figured it was a perfect time to give the sentra some much deserved tlc... Ive done absolutely nothing since i parked her

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6,825 ·
Home made anti-lift kit sounds awesome. Don't tell me you're still working like a crazy man, sounded that way last time.... So what do I need for the sentra? well I need an external fuel pump (I have that little fuel cell to hook-up) and to figure out the fuel lines, then I need to remember what to do to get it going lol! MIght of slipped a tooth last time i tried to start it without priming the oli pump... just a guess, could be a wire lol, oh I can hardly remember now...

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Yup, my "temporary" position of foreman when ours quit last spring soon became a permanent position of "plant manager". Cool and all plus i got fancy business cards but i havent even touched a welder in months, which makes me sad

Landlord wouldnt renew our lease this year cause they wanted to "clean up the neighboorhood" so i just moved the whole operation to a facility under the golden ears bridge. Nice private shops with overhead cranes and stuff but it smells like garbage and poop everyday down there!

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
love the blue Just empty every pocket (Jeep) :p

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
nah

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Co-pilot looks like she is having fun! Pretty sure the pilot was too

Did make some good progress on the sentra. New lca bushings, finally made some alk spacers like ive been talking about for ever. New master and slave clutch cylinders are in with a technifit line. Black chrome finish on the piping was beyond repair so a slightly different color scheme goin on under the hood now. Thank god i found the old custom nissan buger i made way back when. It fell onto the manifold a long time ago and has a crispy burnt look now and i think its perfect!

Next is some dabbling in diy dent repair and vinyl wrapping i think.

·
Premium Member
5,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6,832 ·
Lookin good Rob. I've been obsessed with the Jeep, and buying crap for it. Then selling the crap and buying more crap. I should really get back into the Sentra. I might get there. Last year I took my hardtop off the jeep and filled the other half of the garage with it. So no space to work. This year the tops going in the back yard. But my shed is in the way, so gotta move that, and all the crap inside to the other side of the back-yard. And level the ground there. And yes of course getting old, but more so achy can I even get er done? not sure, but I started taking some herbal supplements that smacked down the constant lower back tension / and resulting pain.. Feeling a bit brave to start doing some stuff, see how it goes I guess.

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Went to pick a part yesterday on the off chance the spec thats been there since december still had its front bumper and maybe the front and rear seats (the novelty of the leather g20 interior has worn off)

Wasnt in a rush since i didnt expect much to be left on the car and sure as shit as im walking in some one was at the till buying the bumper and rear bench! If i hadnt slept in for that extra hour it would have been mine :(

So im on the lookout for front 02-03 bumper cover and stock front and rear seats

·
Premium Member
5,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6,834 ·
Oh man that cracks me up. That's the way it is. Murphys law gets ya. LOL.

I have been toiling with a particular craigslist customer all weekend. First its a 90 dollar LED headlight sale and then he's asks "you got a light bar?" and i'm like yeah it's on my Jeep but he can have it too so we're at 150 and he's draggin his ass over and over again, then he fell asleep, and now he wants it tomorrow. I pulled that thing off my Jeep, and now im like, hope this goes down. Plus he's out in POCO so kind of a long drive.

Oh well, My other sale for the day is a guy who has tattoos all over his face. Which was a bit weird, but glad it was at Tim Hortons, public at least.

·
Registered
34 Posts
That was me man. Lol I grabbed the bumper and rear bench that morning. Sorry for the bummer haha. I am in desperate need of headers though. Mine are cracking like crazy and have some shit mileage going on with my gas. Burning rich as well. Anyone have a extra one laying around?

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
That was me man. Lol I grabbed the bumper and rear bench that morning. Sorry for the bummer haha. I am in desperate need of headers though. Mine are cracking like crazy and have some shit mileage going on with my gas. Burning rich as well. Anyone have a extra one laying around?
Haha! All good. I ended up fixing up my bumper up pretty good with a heat gun and after i vinyl wrapped it you can barely notice where it was damaged.

I could repair your header if you want, if it doesn't already have a lower support bracket ill add one and then it wont crack anymore. Other than that all i have is my oem manifold that you could have for free.

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Which reminds me, i should probably post some teaser pics. Not done yet but its coming along

·
Registered
34 Posts
That looks pretty good man. I could weld it up if I had the proper set up lol. How much would you charge to weld it up for me? Should pm me and we can set something up. I’m getting engine codes 072, 171 and 1707. That’s gotta be the problem right?

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
That looks pretty good man. I could weld it up if I had the proper set up lol. How much would you charge to weld it up for me? Should pm me and we can set something up. I’m getting engine codes 072, 171 and 1707. That’s gotta be the problem right?
Big enough leak pre o2 sensors will mess alot of stuff up for sure. We'll have to rescan your codes as i dont recognize some of those.

I work for beer, sounds like a 12 pack kinda job lol

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yeah one is gone now it’s now only saying p1706 (I think it’s the transmission range sensor) and p0171 fuel system running rich.
Sounds good though any kind or a particular flavour? Lol and when could we do this?

6821 - 6840 of 6870 Posts