A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I turn on my fosgate sound system, a metal vibration is heard in the front driver side door. It has a distinctively metal-on-metal sound. The vibration occurs every time the bass fires, and if you put your hand on the speaker to take the vibration from the speaker into your body and out of the door, the vibration stops, so it is definitely a component in the door rattling from the movement of the firing speaker. Any ideas on what it might be? Im sure its nothing on the exterior of the door, it must be inside. Thanks

·
39,082 Posts
The only way to find out for sure it to take the door panels off and see what is loose in there.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Welcome to the sentra owners initiation. Your doors will rattle, and you will search for a solution, and you will not find. Lol.

But in all seriousness, take the door panel off, and take a look in there. You've already pinned down the area it's coming from. Have some tape, and something soft (some kind of foam, tape, old rag?) and get creative with trying to create a buffer to avoid the rattles. I found some foam like wrap I used to wrap some metal bars and wires I thought were causing rattles. I have a cut piece of towel tapped to a metal bar that was hitting metal in the trunk to stop that rattle.

Good luck. Once you stop one, you'll hear another that the old one was covering up. It never ends. Haha.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
haha thanks,the doorpanel will be coming off soon then. Cant wait until I hear another one!

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Once you stop one, you'll hear another that the old one was covering up. It never ends. Haha.
so ture, very true....

hopefully once you take the panel off you will see something loose. just for shits and giggles, you dont keep tools in your doors pockets or change in the door handle do you? just saying, cause that one speaker will vibrate everything in those pockets.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts