A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last week I finally decided to install the bump steer kit and the RCK but I ran into that problem of the balljoint itself hitting the rotor I remember there was a thread on here with a dude who had the same problem I try clicking in the link for the thread but it won’t let me access it for some reason.

I’ve been talking with joe and he’s been helping but wanted to get other opinions on what it could possibly be and how to fix, Joe recommended those H&R camber bolts that came in yesterday so I’ll be putting those on to see if they help.

It’s only on driver side passenger side was fine, I have brembo’s and I did trim down the arms when I was putting in the balljoint’s

Anyone else with this problem cars been down almost a week now and want this shit fixed

·
Super Moderator
5,684 Posts
I wonder if your bushing(s) is shot and causing the contact cause it shouldn't be. The other aspects that come into play to me is the control arm is bent and/or the rck is bit seated properly, this knowing the only problem should be the control arm clearing the rotor.

Pic would help.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bushings are the super pro’s

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Took a video, this is a screen shot from the video

Attachments

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had just grinded a bit more before I took this video so don’t mind the mess

·
Super Moderator
5,684 Posts
That is worse than it sounded, to me that is... the camber bolts will help but have you adjusted the steering assembly yet or set anything for an alignment? Looks like a lot of positive camber.

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
Raise the car up a tad?

Mine hit with the gigantic ass BBK I had a few years ago. Had to go to stock lca's, and not rck.

I went back to brembos so I'll be doing this mod next. Keep up updated plz!?

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
when I put the bump steer kit on I just straighten out the wheels since the kit was longer then the old tie rods, I also tried adjusting the bc’s on the upper slotted hole as per Joe he said to have it in the list outward position, I tried both ways to be honest but both still hit

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Gotta be honest not sure I want to raise the car lolz when I put the bc’s one I couldn’t believe how low it was but after pulling the front fenders a bit and pounding out the rears I really like the way it sits lol

Reactions: Tritton

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lolz not gonna lie I considered that 😆

Arms are oem with the super pros in them bought them from joe about three or four years ago originally came with the moog’s

If you just continue driving it will self clearance it :p

Are those OEM arms or aftermarket arms?

·
Super Moderator
5,684 Posts
About to do the same, about to order the hats for the rotor and some other stuff.

·
Registered
5,223 Posts
Yikes hadnt seen the ball joint itself hit the rotor. Brembos always seem to cause unforseen problems..

With the car on the ground it scrapes?

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I ordered a set of H&R camber bolts as per joes recommendations to get more camber for clearance, gave me plenty of negative camber looks like -3!! But it still hit's! when i drive perfectly straight it doesn't seem to hit but when i go over a slight bump or turn it hit's... joe recommended i check the wheel bearing to make sure i'm good gonna check soon

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just wondering how is it that i should set the steering assembly I'm thinking that may be the issue? I need to take it for an alignment once i figure this out so how can i set it for alignment?

That is worse than it sounded, to me that is... the camber bolts will help but have you adjusted the steering assembly yet or set anything for an alignment? Looks like a lot of positive camber.

·
Super Moderator
5,684 Posts
Set some thin washers behind the rotor...

·
Registered
5,223 Posts
Steering assembly wont effect it. Its more the geometry on the front suspension. Check wheel bearing play but I think. Something is different.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Didn’t feel any play in the bearing, I didn’t want to go the washer route but I may decide to do that

·
Super Moderator
5,684 Posts
Bad race bearing or bad knuckle, only other thing could be a bent control arm...

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well today I went got some washers and spaced out the rotor just got back from a drive and no grinding I had to put a washer in between the caliper as well since there was a gap after didn’t want to go this route with washers since I don’t feel like it’s proper but after two weeks of checking everything I was stumped, I guess this will work for now as a temporary solution I’ll probably put washers on the passenger side as well now just to even it out

1 - 20 of 35 Posts