A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
lol, what?

He was the one having a hard time using washers. lol

I took the RCK off and went back to stock when mine rubbed.

·
Super Moderator
5,684 Posts
No no, that's was supposed to be a funny on your shim kit

Reactions: Tritton

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Well so far so good haven't had an issues with the "shims" yet lol

·
Registered
5,223 Posts
I remember I had to stack 3 or 4 washer on lug studs on my 240sx to clear, but I only had so many. Only 3 of 5 studs had 'shims' on each front wheel. Tighten the other 2 until it felt good. Rode that for probly 2 years. I hit a speed bump at normal speed and thats what broke studs. Of all the other shit that happened in that car, the straw broke the camels back.

Im sure you can find legit spacers with alot more surface area at 5mm thickness or something like that. ONE washer I think will be ok.

·
Registered
5,223 Posts
It has to be used with a lowered car.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
When I put the bc’s on I could feel the bumpsteer, the car feels really responsive now with everything the rck hitting was a bitch but considering the it was just one side I figured it’s something else that bent or not right, the camber bolts helped too so I’m not disappointed with the stuff joe recommended the front end feels really good now

·
Super Moderator
5,684 Posts
Well i think all my parts came in so I'll be right there with you....

·
Registered
5,223 Posts
Cool but still leads to the question of what is off?

That front end kit was one of my fav upgrades. Def changes the steering/suspension

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
maybe over the course of the winter I'll try and check out more stuff I don't want to drive it anymore during the winter the rust is really bad, one of the things joe asked me to check was the wheel bearing, i didn't feel any play in it i did noticed that the when i was adjusting the camber bolts after install i could the see the spindle move but it wouldn't really move straight up and down it would more in a diagonal not sure if that could be it don't remember if the passenger side did the same

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Also what tire size you guys run? anyone have any issues with the tire hitting the coilover? Mine hits a little on the passenger side at near full lock I did put on 235's......

·
Super Moderator
5,684 Posts
maybe over the course of the winter I'll try and check out more stuff I don't want to drive it anymore during the winter the rust is really bad, one of the things joe asked me to check was the wheel bearing, i didn't feel any play in it i did noticed that the when i was adjusting the camber bolts after install i could the see the spindle move but it wouldn't really move straight up and down it would more in a diagonal not sure if that could be it don't remember if the passenger side did the same
That diagonal could be the very cause, get a new bearing and race set and if you are feeling foggy do both sides.... wonder if there are ceramic bearings for us...

21 - 35 of 35 Posts