A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
If I needed to do this all again I would probably just buy a fresh set of LCA from Joe and have him and his shop press the RCK in for the Brembo’s, they can do the trimming they can do everything, doing it the way I did it just buying RCK and trying to put them in myself and trim was a huge headache.

Maybe Joe can sell just the arm without the bushings but the RCK pressed in and then re-use the super pro’s in the old arm.
I remember talking to a mechanic and he mentioned how it’s best to just always buy the arm it self with whatever balljoint since the tolerance’s for the arm and balljoint’s can really vary.

When I was putting in the RCK I noticed that the passenger side was really hard to go in and the driver side went it too easy, I was able to just tap it in with a hammer, at least in the shop they can try different arms and different ball joints to find which presses in really good I think next time when it’s time I’m gonna go this route

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
Yeah, I got them and the talled rck's were pressed in, this was before the trimming was a big deal. When going back to standard ball joints, I noticed the hole was WAY TOO BIG.

Thanks for the opinion bruh.

·
Super Moderator
5,887 Posts
I didn't have any issues... but I do have the tools... but at what price???

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
You can get some cheap ass lca for like$40 each if you are replacing the bushings and ball joint with quality parts. You just need the frame for that. You will likely need tools, especially for the ball joint.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts