A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so thinking about buying a zex wet system and only running it for 55hp, can i buy just the system, and be done with it or any special stuff needed jw? really kinda confused

·
Registered
266 Posts
for a 55hit....you should be fine. other will chime in with" you need this and you need that"....but a small hit like that should be fine with lil to no mods. imo

·
Registered
479 Posts
A neo or safc of any kind is not needed for running nitrous. Tuning is ALL done by adjusting the size of the jets. A wideband IS needed though so you can know what your tune is sitting at and how it needs to be adjusted.

A window switch will prevent you from spraying at undesired rpms. Spraying too low can cause puddling, and spraying past the fuel cut will cause you to go lean and likely destroy something.

To be honest, it sounds like you need to do a lot more reading before you go any further, just as you would have to do with any other power adder. There are lots of good resources out there to give you the basics of nitrous and how it works chemically and physically. I (and no one else) can school you on everything as we dont know what knowledge you currently have on the subject, but if you have any specific questions or areas that need clarification, feel free to ask away.

·
Registered
266 Posts
for a 55 shot? No, the pcm will adjust timing and fuel so i dont see a need for "tuning". the car will do that it self. remember this is a small shot. these cars run rich as hell up top anyway...
As far as a window switch goes....good to have....not a must either. i ran a 75 shot on a ka24de for a year and a half with no switch or tuning so to speak. ALL i did was retard timing 2degrees when i spayed and ran 2 steps cold plug.I had the horn deleted and used the horn button on steering wheel as my switch.when i need to shift id let off "horn" ,shift, the hit the button again.
im gonna agree though....read some more info. you can get away with a lot if your smart. Or you can blow shit up quick like if your not. Nitrous isnt magic, its physics.once you understand exactly what happens when you hit the button, youll understand what you need to do, and why all these guys are sayin what they are.
im not claiming to be the sharpest tool in the box... just telling what i know from my experience.
now im going to hide...:nervous::hide:

·
Registered
479 Posts
Telling someone on the internet that you dont need to tune nitrous because your ka didnt blow up is like telling a friend that ciggarettes dont kill you because you havent died yet.

·
Registered
266 Posts
the question was asked if he needs anything elese. the answer is no.
im not gonna argue over this. if money wasnt an issue with the kid he wouldnt even ask that question. eventually i got all that shit....just didnt have it to start with. nor did i NEED it to juice the car.
if the fuel sel. fails.....if wont matter if you see it it go lean. det only takes a sec to bomb a engine.

in a perfect world we all have direct port and widbands and bottleheater and openers, running on a custom tune. but alas! i have to settle for 25k a year!

·
Registered
773 Posts
the question was asked if he needs anything elese. the answer is no.
im not gonna argue over this. if money wasnt an issue with the kid he wouldnt even ask that question. eventually i got all that shit....just didnt have it to start with. nor did i NEED it to juice the car.
if the fuel sel. fails.....if wont matter if you see it it go lean. det only takes a sec to bomb a engine.

in a perfect world we all have direct port and widbands and bottleheater and openers, running on a custom tune. but alas! i have to settle for 25k a year!
Having a wideband is an absolute necessity. Spend the extra $200 (or, whatever it is) and keep your engine safe. Besides, how are you tuning the fuel jets? If you're going to say "checking plugs" like the other winner, you're not getting an absolutely accurate reading. Thus, you're not getting the maximum out of what you're spraying.

Yes, it's a small shot. However, you're still spraying a 55 horsepower shot into an engine. You're adding stress to the motor. You should be taking steps to guard against things going wrong.

If the solenoid fails, that's why you have a master arm switch. Shit goes lean, *click*. System off; motor saved. That happened to me and the car still drove afterwards.

A single fogger is fine until you start getting to the 100+ range. That's when you start looking at direct port.

And, no bottleheater? Really?

·
Registered
945 Posts
ok so thinking about buying a zex wet system and only running it for 55hp, can i buy just the system, and be done with it or any special stuff needed jw? really kinda confused
IF you are confused on these basics, Then more studying would be recommended ...
Knowing what afr you have will help you dial in your tune safely......

·
Registered
19,790 Posts
i tried to stay out of this but
imo

need, want and safe are all different
to run a nitrous system at any hp level without afr knowledge
is not safe

if you can't afford the gauge, you can't afford the nitrous ether
i bought my nitrous and gauge off craigs list
way less than a new system without the gauge
and gives you a chance to rebuild the solenoids so at least you know something about how the system works
download the NX instruction manual and read it 1st
here
http://www.nitrousexpress.com/Instructions/stage1.pdf
and decide for yourself

also did we say for our cars use a wet system only
a dry 55hp shot will be trouble

1 - 12 of 12 Posts