A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope I can get some help, ive had a ongoing issue that nobody can give me a straight answer. About 3 months ago I noticed my steering felt a little loose after hitting one of long islands infamous potholes. I got a alignment which did nothing for me but I noticed my ball joint had way too much play in it. Now im one of those OCD car guys that if I fix something on one side, I have to do the other. I replaced both control arms and all LCA bushings, inner and outer tie rods, all sway bar bushings/end links, and added the 2J subframe bushings then got a alignment done. At first things seemed better but in no time I started noticing the loose steering feeling again and its gotten 100 times worse. Now the steering has gotten extremely loose and whenever I accelerate or shift the car pulls hard to the right. Also when im driving the car kind of wanders back and forth left and right. I went and got a alignment done again and the dude said my inner tie rods were toast and of course wanted to replace them for the low low price of 300 hundred dollars. I ordered new tie rods but when I replaced them, the old ones seemed fine to me. No excessive play or anything. I had to get another alignment (thank god for lifetime free alignments lol) The dude said that my passenger side needed a huge adjustment and it gave him lots of issues. He suggested replacing the rack for 1200 dollars. Ive had the car looked at a few other times since then and ive got answers all the way from no idea up to replacing my entire front end suspension which ive already done. So after all this, my thinking is it has to be the rack, right? And forgot to mention, my motor mounts are solid mounts and have only been on for about 7-8k and the engine doesn't move at all. Basically im just trying to see if yous guys have any other ideas to check over before I drop 250-300 on a new rack. Also wondering if anybody knows where to buy the rack bushing. I searched for over an hour and a half and cant find anthing. Every mount I found is for the B14. I need all the help I can get so all input is welcome, even if its something small that maybe ive overlooked. Thnx for reading my post

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Have you checked rockauto.com for prices?

If you've replaced everything, I would try the rack. You should do it yourself though.

Can you use your free alignment at a different location? Maybe the alignment guy sucks?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had a very similar issue; replaced everything you’ve mentioned, including the steering rack, which I did instead of just the rod ends. And I still have the same problem 2years later. The steering wanders, after a hard turn or hard acceleration. Then after a while it settles in and feels okay. I’m now thinking maybe its a bent strut, but havent pulled it yet to find out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts