A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the people who do not have the RF system should be familiar with the 3rd speaker on the rear deck, the 6" sub with the built in amp.

Well along time ago mine went out, or so I thought....not that it mattered as it was...under powered for what I wanted. Initially I couldn't find 6" subs (this was way before component speaker set-ups) so I settled on a 6.5" Kicker as that was really the only one I could find that seemed to be worth any thing.

Clearly was able to fit no issues, and then it kinda sat with the shitty amp that I could find to power it on the cheap in the event my endeavor didn't play out...that's another story...

Recently I decided to upgrade and now I am currently rocking a JL Audio product in 6.5".

I was running both as free air until I decided to build a box for the JL unit as it wasn't enough due to the gutted trunk, but while running it as free air it was noticeably different. Box was crudely built with the intent to make a replacement and use this as a test bed due to weight, clearence and possible damage.

Much better but the amp blew out and was looking into other options to "update" and more potential, but again, that for another day. This lay out is nice and obviously supports the weight. Since I have decide to no longer do free air and do boxes I will be messing with this thing as I want to experiment with more...

Will be testing how it does free air before I commit to making a box as I want to make a ported box for the JL to see how it sounds and test some extended hanging and bracing due to size. The Toro 6.5" weighs in at 11lbs or so it advertised as.... should be fun.

I'll be doing a thread on the amps later.

·
Super Moderator
6,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
For reference/timeline, the kicker sub i got around 2008 - 2009 maybe later, with the part number of CVT65; the JL part number is 6W3V3-4 and got that in 2019 but put a box on it in 2020; the Toro I got this month.

I was looking around for S&G and I did find a beefy 6" if someone what to stick with the stock size if someone even wants to mess with it....

Reactions: Tritton

·
Registered
5,487 Posts
Sweet. I was curious about your set up since you mentioned it in the other thread. I was thinking about it too and I would be more willing to wire in a third 6.5" speaker. I would have to look into that wiring setup from the amp and I would probly have to wire it in series if possible. Or I could ditch the 2 10's and put up a 4 ohm 200-250W 6.5" sub if they make one that specific. I dont have the mounting bracket tho

·
Registered
5,487 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I grab the brackets with the speakers from salvage yards right now when I want to do a new speaker, the kicker has my original bracket. If you started with the RF package then you would have it.

·
Super Moderator
6,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can't mount the Toro as I normally do, everything is off.

Either I make a bracket to mount it to the rear deck, use it in another way or get rid of it if its to much of a hassel with the plans.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts