A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This applies to most cars, but I finally found out why my rear defrost wasn't working. On each side there is a wire with a box that slides onto a big male spade connector. The driver side came unglued from the copper strip and is behind the trim. Quotation is, what do I need to use to glue it back on and have it make a connection? The picture shows where it should be glued on. Please help as winter is upon us.
20191101_132143.jpg

·
Super Moderator
4,993 Posts
It's not glue, solder it back on and you will be fine.

Reminds me that I have a dead stripe that I need to find the short on my rear heating element...going to look for some fine copper solder now before I forget again, don't want to use regular solder just yet.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you so much. I pulled my ac fuse so I can use my regular defrost without the ac compressor kicking on since it drags real bad and kicks on and off. I'll fix that in the spring. Only thing about that is the seals may dry out but I'll just redo the whole setup since where I work, the whole kit is cheaper and it's under warranty that way. Comes with compressor, accumulator, seals, orifice tube and what not, receiver drier, whatever our cars have.

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
This one thing is like the only thing that is wrong with my car and I hate it. I tried to resolder it but Im scared because I dont wanna blast the glass. I had it soldered once and I gave it a very light pull to check it and came off right away. Its a bitch. Soldering is the only way to reattatch it it seems at risk of cracking the glass.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts