A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The rear window, heated glass is leaking into the trunk, is this a common issue? I know its not the seal around the trunk liner so I can't find a problem there, I was wondering if it is easy to remove the rear window trim that goes around the back of the glass so I can just put a thicc bead of silicone on it? I did this on my 98 civic but didnt actually remove the trim simply lifted it, the sentra trim is closer to the frame, so I can't get a syringe with silicone under it as easy. Any ideas of suggestions? I want to put a sub in the trunk but dont want to deal with the water leaking in ruining the system or shorting and causing major issues.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Pretty simple, the cpillar plastic comes off, then you can access around the window.

But...I would venture to guess the rain may be coming through the tail light areas or straight into the trunk through the grommets on the floor of the trunk.

The window seal would have to be nearly gone and youd probably notice the rear deck is wet. You have those areas, plus check the sunroof drains (if you have a sunroof). Is the headliner or rear deck wet?

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pretty simple, the cpillar plastic comes off, then you can access around the window.

But...I would venture to guess the rain may be coming through the tail light areas or straight into the trunk through the grommets on the floor of the trunk.

The window seal would have to be nearly gone and youd probably notice the rear deck is wet. You have those areas, plus check the sunroof drains (if you have a sunroof). Is the headliner or rear deck wet?

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk
The headliner is not wet, the rear deck itself it not wet, but if I get into the trunk and look around, on the right hand side above where the trunk arm attaches to the frame of the vehicle it is wet there, like the water is dripping from inside right there, I can take a picture or two next time It rains so you guys can get a better idea of what is happening. I wanted to see about getting the rear window seal completely redone and got quoted like 230 bucks, a new rear window and install alone costs 190, I was like "wtf".

·
Super Moderator
6,286 Posts
The trunk isn't fully sealed, it needs to be adjusted, in having the same issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts