A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alright so I need a little bit more information before I go and start ordering parts. My Spec at two secondary intake valve screws - I was told at the time of purchase that they had been serviced and fixed but take a look at my showoff thread for more info http://www.b15u.com/member-rides-project-cars/20225-nerdbot-04-sunburst-spec-v-regina-sk.html to see that I was naive to believe it. After a few phone calls I learned that they were NEVER serviced under any kind of recall.

I will be going the same route as Karl - MisterNuts with a RevAuto S/C. But first I need to rebuild, obviously.

Following Karl's build as a near copy cat:

Revolution Autoworks supercharger kit - In the works, I'm awaiting the kit to be off to send payment
ATI Procharger C1a supercharger - Included via kit ^
2.25" pulley, 12-13psi @ redline (no boost gauge, no care) - A boost gauge is being supplied with the kit
Rev Auto 3" in/out intercooler - Included with said kit
Rev Auto 2.5" hot side, Custom 3" coldside piping - Included with said kit
TurboSmart Kompact diverter valve - It will be a Greddy RS BOV included with said kit
FIC 525cc injectors - STI 440CC Injectors with said kit
Walbro 255lph fuel pump - With said kit
OBX 4-1 header, ported, wrapped and sprayed with Thermo-tec products - I will continue to use my HotShot and it will be wrapped as well
Stromung 3" midpipe w/Vibrant high flow cat, heat wrapped - I currently have the same midpipe, it will also be wrapped
Stromung 3" catback exhaust w/Aero 14" resonator - Right now I have a mandrel bent 2.5" exhaust, it will probably remain.
Unorthodox Racing crank pulley - Knock off pulley, OBX. It works fine.
JWT BSR - I cut the chain instead
Ported and polished intake manifold by DPR Racing - I will most likely be getting mine done by CORNDOG
Ported and polished throttle body - Most likely will not be happening.
Designed Chaos throttle body spacer, port matched - Not going to do.
Mishimoto aluminum radiator with Nismo cap - I may stay with the stock rad.
Mishimoto 12" fans, pusher style Diddo
Mishimoto silicone radiator hoses Diddo
Stant low temp t-stats (170*/195*) - Stock thermostat - any insight or other suggestions, please note!
Throttle body coolant bypass - This is done already
Hondata intake manifold gasket - Maybe. I will most likely use the stock gasket.
ActiveTuning ground wires - Poormanmods FTW
Innovate LC-1 wideband - Included with said kit
SAFCII tuned - Included with said kit
NGK Iridium IX spark plugs, one step colder
Mobil1 0w40 - I live in Canada. I will be running 5w40.

So far I am looking at:

Import Performance Parts - Nissan HP Engine Kits Kit # 22 which includes:

Complete Gasket Set
MLS Head Gasket - I will be using an AJUSA head gasket
Wiseco Forged Pistons
(89 Bore) and
(8.5:1 compression)
Plasma Moly Rings
Performance Wrist Pins
TOGA HP Main Bearings
TOGA HP Rod Bearings
Thrust Washers
Option to add K1 connecting rods ;)

ARP 209-5401 - ARP Main Stud Kits - Overview - SummitRacing.com - Main Studs

ARP 251-4701 - ARP Pro Series Cylinder Head Stud Kits - Overview - SummitRacing.com Head Studs

I'll maybe look into some JWT Valve Springs and if cams pop up, then maybe I'll toss those in.

Budget is 5k including the S/C kit. I'm not trying to break any records, nor do I have a HP goal in mind, I don't even have a reliable dyno in my province :47:

Thanks for any help everyone

Edit: Or, just go with the Treadstone kit. Yeah!

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Reactions: SantiagoSpecV03

·
39,082 Posts
I was just about to post that link.

For 1.5K, you have most if not all of your rebuild parts.

Reactions: Nerdbot

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
that there link is the savior ahaha should be added to the stickied thread and what not, or in the thread where they break it down into stages of building the QR

·
BDSF
11,452 Posts
Stick with stock compression... I'd even think about going higher depending on cams/tuning. What pulley are you going to run?

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Stick with stock compression... I'd even think about going higher depending on cams/tuning. What pulley are you going to run?

As you know from personal experience Karl, can you explain a bit more why you would stay with stock over a lower comp? One of my close friends has built numerous SR20DET builds and a few RB builds -mind you they are all stock turbo applications but it was a suggestion that he highly recommended and was highly considered. I'll email and ask Treadstone if it's possible to purchase CP pistons in a stock compression instead.

And it will be the 12 psi pulley Karl ;)

·
BDSF
11,452 Posts
You will not run into detonation issues at that low of boost and the lower c/r will just hurt your overall power output. Larger cams will decrease dynamic compression ratio, allowing you to run higher comp pistons, but I would recommend tuning with Osiris for ignition timing control if you actually choose to go higher than stock compression.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You will not run into detonation issues at that low of boost and the lower c/r will just hurt your overall power output. Larger cams will decrease dynamic compression ratio, allowing you to run higher comp pistons, but I would recommend tuning with Osiris for ignition timing control if you actually choose to go higher than stock compression.
There we go, thanks for the insight man

·
BDSF
11,452 Posts
There we go, thanks for the insight man
Will you be tuning with the SAFC? An extended redline will help as well. With the 2.25" pulley on the s/c you could go to 6400-6500 rpm for another 1-2psi.

·
BDSF
11,452 Posts
The 440's won't be able to handle anything more than 10psi by the way. I'm running the 525's but still need to check injector duty cycle to see how bad it is. You can probably tune for the larger injectors with the SAFC, but Osiris would be a better option.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Why go 8.5:1 if you dont mind me asking? 9.5:1 is totally safe for 10-15lbs of boost.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Check posts 5 and 7 ;)
Lol awesome. I was ganna say....8.5:1 is wayyyy over kill. There are plenty of guys running 10 psi on 07+ spec Vs with 10.5:1 ratio.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I suppose haha. Treadstone stocks CP pistons in stock compression as well in their rebuild kit. With the parts included in there the motor *shouldn't* pop any time after the kit gets installed. I'll look into the injectors Karl, I plan on tuning with the Safc but if I need to I'll look into going UPRev.

As of Monday parts will be getting ordered :D

I would assume I should do a timing kit as well, the car has just under 170k KM's on it?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts