A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i got tired of seeing my window sills all rusty and peeling . so over the weekend me and my brother took all of sunday to fix this issue.on to the pics.hope this can mabey help someone else who is having this problem,you just have to pull off the remaing sill and sand off the rust "very easy". spray and enjoy!

·
Banned
4,402 Posts
Why not just replace them?

EDIT: Nevermind, the car looks two weeks away from the junk yard. Now I see why you didn't replace them.

·
Super Moderator
5,153 Posts
mine are doing the same thing, but I'm proble gonna let them peal of, polish and spray on a protective coating.

looks nice

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea thats what i said .nissan wants over a 100$ for just the seals thats not including the labor to install them .i paid 4$ for the rustoleum and 4$ for the blue "painters" tape. thats 8$ and one day of my time "i wasnt doing anything anyway". IN CASE YOUR WONDERING WHY DO THIS TO A CAR WITH SUCH A CRAPPY PAINT JOB . WELL "LP2" SKYLINE MIDNIGHT PURPLE PAINT COMING NEXT MONTH !:tongue:

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Looks good! I need to replace mine soon too

·
39,045 Posts
Easy write up and procedure. Thanks.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
mine didnt peel off as easily. scatched my door a few times :( also try not to peel off (like my dumbass) where the sill meets the door. I used a 320 sand block, etching primer, filler primer, and flat black (same way I painted my rims). I used the etching primer first since it sticks to metal much better than regular primer. let it sit for a day. sand that off a lil bit to smooth it out, add a coat of filler primer, sand it out as well. then paint it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
You know if you roll down your window and take off your side mirror those door sills slid out lol if anyone wants to avoid masking everything and just paing the sills....
any suggestions on how the rear seals come off? all of mine are starting to peal. The fronts as well as the rears.

·
Registered
57 Posts
any suggestions on how the rear seals come off? all of mine are starting to peal. The fronts as well as the rears.
I am going to do mine this week sometime so ill post pictures and or instructions on how to get the rears off .I'm pretty sure i had it off once when i was prepping for the black paint on the top half of my car but ill look again and post it!!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Ok so i went out to my car and took it apart real quick, it took about 15 mins heres the pics and directions
FRONT DOORS- Pop off the little triangle shaped panel that is closest to dash.Then take off the inside door panel, the handle is a BIA ive broke all mine trying to get them out, i just pull up on the handle from the inside like when you grab it to close the door, anyone know of a better way then please let me know. Moving on, take out the piece that holds the window and door switch and unplug them. Pop off the trim ring around the door handle on top, mine was silver. Next unscrew the door panels. Pull out from bottom(theres a little notch to grab) and lift up to get door panel off. Next, theres 3 10mm nuts holding the mirror on (dont forget to unplug it). Next roll your window down all the way and grab the piece by where the mirror was and pull up about an inch or so just to unclip it all the way across and pull it towards the front of the car. It is slightly glued in so it may be a little snug but just pull and it will come out. Prep, paint, then reinstall.
FOR THE REAR DOORS- Take off door panel just like the front doors but when you go pull the panel off you will most likely have to mess with the seal around the bottom of that small back side window.I just pull it up and out and then when I install it again, its a pain but get one piece of that seal on the outside of the door panel then slowly pull up on it to work it back around the outside of the door panel. Confused? Ask and i will clarify , so next roll the window down and grab the trim piece from the back side closest to the small window and lift up and pull towards the trunk to slide out!!, Prep, paint, reinstall.. Hope someone can get use of this!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
YES!!!!! I just checked, I already had my door panels off when i did this but yes you can. For the front doors you still have to take the mirror off though, it sits on top of the seal. The back doors come right out.Thanks Steve!!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
YES!!!!! I just checked, I already had my door panels off when i did this but yes you can. For the front doors you still have to take the mirror off though, it sits on top of the seal. The back doors come right out.Thanks Steve!!!
OK so I actually did my sills and i have an update, If you look on the inside of your door by the door jam side theres a little black sticky dot that you can peel off its right beside the weatherstrip, PEEL off the tab and theres a philips screw there, take this screw out and you can pull the sill off, no taking apart anything!!!!! the rear door is the same way. ENJOY!!!!!!!:laughing:

·
Registered
57 Posts
I peeled the sticker off and took out the bolts but can't get the seals off still. Don't want to bend them. Is there a certain way to pull. And only one screw per door ?
It is only one screw per door, and after you take that screw out it should just pull up and out. For the front door i think you still have to take off that mirror, but try it first on the rears then the fronts.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts