A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure where the correct place for this thread is but if not here please move to the right section:

I am finally replacing airbags on my 05 sentra after having owned it for 4.5 years without them. Is there anything tricky about Sentra airbag replacement? Do I have to replace the module as well or can it just be reset? Where is the location of the SRS module? What about clockspring? Does it have to be replaced? Anything specific that needs to be done when replacing seat belts? Any one can point me to a good site to get answers to all these questions? Sorry for all these questions, just that a time is here to change them and want to make sure there is nothing specific to Sentra that I should be aware of. Thanks a bunch!!! This is an awesome site.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Not sure where the correct place for this thread is but if not here please move to the right section:

I am finally replacing airbags on my 05 sentra after having owned it for 4.5 years without them. Is there anything tricky about Sentra airbag replacement? Do I have to replace the module as well or can it just be reset? Where is the location of the SRS module? What about clock spring? Does it have to be replaced? Anything specific that needs to be done when replacing seat belts? Any one can point me to a good site to get answers to all these questions? Sorry for all these questions, just that a time is here to change them and want to make sure there is nothing specific to Sentra that I should be aware of. Thanks a bunch!!! This is an awesome site.
Hello there mate. I'm just curious if you were able to find the answers to all your problems because I also want to learn the answers on that intriguing problems. Can you please share to us if you were able to resolve these problems because I want to be ready if ever I encounter these kind of problems in the future. Hoping you could update this post. :)

·
39,045 Posts
You shouldn't have any issues with the air bags. Besides, it the airbag deploys, that means that you have more things to worry about.

·
Banned
4,402 Posts
Hello there mate. I'm just curious if you were able to find the answers to all your problems because I also want to learn the answers on that intriguing problems. Can you please share to us if you were able to resolve these problems because I want to be ready if ever I encounter these kind of problems in the future. Hoping you could update this post. :)
This made no sense.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
do your seat belts still work? When an air bag goes off it creates a lot of heat and can melt wires in its general area causing a lot of head aches. Check the fsm and it should have all of your answers

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I took the plunge and replaced both airbags, module and seatbelts at the same time. Had to also replace clockspring because plug has melted and broke off. Nothing tricky about it that I thought, fairly straight forward. Getting the steering wheel to align was a pain though. Other than that no problems and airbag light went off as expected when I followed the instructions on this site.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts