A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a 2004 sentra b15 qg18de with plastic valve cover. The camshaft are completely worn out because it ran without oil for some hours. I have to replace them.... also the valve cover is broken.

I found completely new head cyl 11040-6n100 that seems to match the cyl block, but I'm not sure if this swap can be made without any issues, the valve is made of metal and the VVT is different from the one i have.

I have googled lot but found nothing beside the diagrams, to see if the parts match.. I wonder if there will be missing sensors, or maybe the throttle body wont fit...

This head cyl has everything except the valves and I wonder if the valves from mine match.

I'm asking because the cyl is in other state of my country and I would need to travel to check it.

·
Super Moderator
6,510 Posts
Post a link so we can see. The qg18 didn't really change for the years it was out and they continued to use the plastic valve cover until it was no longer produced.

·
Super Moderator
6,510 Posts
I think that is a different 1.8 head but maybe a qg guy will hop in with some better info.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I found a engine with this head

one thing I noticed is that, the camshaft sensor is on the other side and the vvt solenoid is on top of the cover not in the head, and I would need a different valve cover gasket, but i need you guys opinion to see if it will work... my sentra is a completely basic model, drive by cable.

·
Super Moderator
6,510 Posts
I don't think it will work, that part number isn't coming up for the US market parts.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't think it will work, that part number isn't coming up for the US market parts.
Even if the block matches the head position, holes, screws ? I stil have to check this, but I tried to match by placing a picture one over the other.

I saw in rockauto that VVT sprocket fromt he picture sold as part of the nissan b15 1.8 2004, even when I bought the PCV valve I got one for this head instead the plastic one two years ago.

The guy selling it to me says its for an Almera

·
Super Moderator
6,510 Posts
I'll have to double check but I'm almost certain the almera had a different spec engine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll have to double check but I'm almost certain the almera had a different spec engine.
I kept searching and I found a sentra with this head
I can find it as a Nissan Sentra 1.8S 2005

what do you think? what could cause a head to not be compatible with the rest ?

·
Super Moderator
6,510 Posts
This is so weird to me, part number might be different for just the changes then, I really don't know but as long as all other holes line up to include oil pressure as with your head then you should be fine and that includes the timing cover(s) lining up properly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts