A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What causes rev hang with our cars ?

I noticed my car has been to that lately, but only over 3000 rpm.
There are not vacuum leaks atm, I think it may have to do with the safc having to drop back down with the correction points falling off slowly.

Any Ideas ?

·
39,069 Posts
Is it happening while decelerating?

·
39,069 Posts
my car does this also but only while decelarating and hangs around 1500rmp for a few secs and then drops.
If you have a safc as well, I think that you have to set your deceleration settings or something like that.

·
39,069 Posts
i missed the part where the op stated that he had a safc. lol my car is stock with the exception of intake and header.
Then you might have a vacuum leak.
Does it do anything weird at that rpm besides hang?

·
39,069 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
could be, but sincesouth florida its always hot them dam fans are always on. im gonna check all the vac lines see what i find. thanks for the help homie.

·
39,069 Posts
could be, but sincesouth florida its always hot them dam fans are always on. im gonna check all the vac lines see what i find. thanks for the help homie.
Anytime pimp. That's what we're here for, to help other B15 peeps out to keep these B15's alive.

·
Registered
30 Posts
this is good to still have the forum still alive man. i might not be as active on the forum but ive had an acct for some time. now im on my 3rd b15. love these little cars, great reliable cars and easy to fix.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I still need to look into setting the deceleration settings, I have not found any decent info on doing that yet/

1 - 12 of 12 Posts