A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys new guy here with my 2nd spec v. sold my old silver 06 for a truck and regretted it since that day.

so now got another 06 spec v code red but it has its issues. my biggest one is the reverse lockout is broken. some times when shifting from 5th to 6th it grinds, but im guessing that its actually trying to go into reverse. i read that theres only option is to buy the whole shifter assembly. (if they still make em) but i guess my question is what about short shifters, do they offer the reverse lockout option too? not going to mod it as much just daily driver and some road trips. but just want to get this issue sorted out thanks.

p.s. i'll try and get some pics soon

· Registered
988 Posts
Im not sure they even make new entire assemblies and if they do they are probably crazy expensive. Best bet is ebay or a junkyard, but i've never seen a reverse lockout there. The fact is nearly everyone on here who had a reverse lockout doesn't have it anymore because they break easily. Most people just remove them. As far short shifters you can install one with or without reverse lockout. I have an Axxtion SS on my 06 spec and no problems without reverse lockout. And if you want a reverse lockout make sure you get a transmission mounted one not a shifter mounted one because those send to snap the cable.

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im not sure they even make new entire assemblies and if they do they are probably crazy expensive. Best bet is ebay or a junkyard, but i've never seen a reverse lockout there. The fact is nearly everyone on here who had a reverse lockout doesn't have it anymore because they break easily. Most people just remove them. As far short shifters you can install one with or without reverse lockout. I have an Axxtion SS on my 06 spec and no problems without reverse lockout. And if you want a reverse lockout make sure you get a transmission mounted one not a shifter mounted one because those send to snap the cable.
ya i went to nissan they want 168 for them, seen one locally for 70 but kinda iffy if the reverse lock out works...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts