A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
3,610 Posts
II would buy it. I never had the reverse lockout its always been broken.

· Registered
9,640 Posts
Mine hasn't broken, but if it did I would sure want a replacement.

· Premium Member
11,458 Posts
I dont know if I can put one on an 04. I would like to because I hate grinding reverse...
You would need to drill a hole in the shifter to fit the pin that holds the assembly. And I'm not sure if the 04's have the plastic part by the shifter that keeps it from going into reverse.

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i have it drawn up and laid out. the lower piece will be a part of the kit just for the sake of making it as good as possible. im hunting for the spring since it will be heavier im not sure if the original spring will be strong enough. the weight of the metal should also prove to help smooth out the shifts as opposed to putting a 1 lb shift knob on ill be going to get the materials this weekend ill post prototype pics asap

· Registered
3,084 Posts
You would need to drill a hole in the shifter to fit the pin that holds the assembly. And I'm not sure if the 04's have the plastic part by the shifter that keeps it from going into reverse.
So would it be worth it to get one for an 04? I have an 04 and grinding reverse sometimes pisses me off

· Registered
87 Posts
i have it drawn up and laid out. the lower piece will be a part of the kit just for the sake of making it as good as possible. im hunting for the spring since it will be heavier im not sure if the original spring will be strong enough. the weight of the metal should also prove to help smooth out the shifts as opposed to putting a 1 lb shift knob on ill be going to get the materials this weekend ill post prototype pics asap
Are you gonna offer two kits cause I mean I have a 06 so I have the plastic piece at the bottom and I have the spring and I have the lever you pull up, the person before me just broke the damn plastic Reverse lock-out piece. Thats all I would need so if you offered the kit and just that piece as is the problem with most the 05-06's i've seen that it dont work in Im down.. lol Although after 2 years of not having it and grinding the shit out of reverse trying to find 6th for 3 months I finally got it down to perfection lol. I still want it tho never kno when someone may have to drive your car (Emergency only for me tho) lol

· Registered
224 Posts
I just broke my second one... and the last one was a pain in the balls.
I'm on the phone with a nissan parts guy and he can't find anything oem atm, so I'd definetely be interested. Please keep me updated

-Bill

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Are you gonna offer two kits cause I mean I have a 06 so I have the plastic piece at the bottom and I have the spring and I have the lever you pull up, the person before me just broke the damn plastic Reverse lock-out piece. Thats all I would need so if you offered the kit and just that piece as is the problem with most the 05-06's i've seen that it dont work in Im down.. lol Although after 2 years of not having it and grinding the shit out of reverse trying to find 6th for 3 months I finally got it down to perfection lol. I still want it tho never kno when someone may have to drive your car (Emergency only for me tho) lol
maybe ill have to see if mixing the new metal pieces with old plastic will work the same

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ok so here it it this is a rough prototype i made because the glue broke on my plastic one again and i got mad. needs some refinement but it works smoother than the original the weight helps it pull the spring up and it even kinda looks cool.
will have more details and pics soon

1 - 20 of 30 Posts