A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

This is my first time posting in any form. I've read plenty but never posted. Thought I knew my way around things but I'm stuck at this point. So here goes nothing...

I recently blew a bearings in my old engine on my 2007 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec-V. I know, I was driving like I was in Fast and the Furious. So after that I called a junkyard you made that I had found on car – parts.com with a spec V engine. I picked it up and delivered it to my mechanic since I didn't have time or the place to be putting it in like I've done with my other cars. Then I got a call from my mechanic telling me that they're having a problem getting it to the trans and then they noticed that the tag on the engine said it's from a automatic. Right away I knew that this wasn't a spec V engine it was just a regular SE-R engine no. I was in need of my car right away so the mechanic said he could make it work. But after they finished installing it, the throttle was jumping from a 1k to 2k at idle. And when I rev it it's sticks at the top of the Rev for a second and then drops down to continue jumping. So I decided to contact that junkyard and let them know exactly what they did. Which by my surprise was a good call. The junkyard actually realize that they sold me the wrong engine from my call that they recorded. So they gave me the engine out of the Spec V. I was extremely happy to get my car up and running the right way. This time when I picked it up, everything seems fine. The idle was good and everything was working great. Until I was driving it for 30 minutes. Then I realized that there was a slight struggle at the beginning of each gear. By the time I pulled off the highway and hold up to a red light, the RPMs were jumping again. But this time from 2K to 3K.

So this is where I'm at now... I have replaced the throttle (mechanic left the one that came from the junkyard on there, absolutely disgustingly dirty and corroded) and tried to reteach it multiple times. I also replaced the mass air flow sensor. But none of that has fixed it. The same people that are two things that I've noticed that I can't make sense of our that when I disconnect the throttle when the car is running it will drop in idle drastically but remain steady, and the same goes with the upper intake resonator. So besides that I cannot figure out what's going on. Anybody seen this before or know how to fix it?

Also my check engine light never comes on no, not even when starting it. But there is a code. It's p0057 but would a O2 sensor seriously makes such a drastic effect?

·
Administrator
6,687 Posts
It can and it may have an affect translating to the knock sensor, but are you using your original fuel rail?

Reactions: Tritton

·
Registered
596 Posts
If it runs fine but idles roughly and you have replaced the throttle and made sure the MAF is cleaned then I would replace both cam and crank sensors along with O2 sensor.
Also check for vacuum leaks on the intake manifold, especially if on your 2007 it is the plastic one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts