A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been well documented what transpired between Rick and myself.. He has never posted any details, pictures, or a single shred of evidence, showing the proposed "engine damage" that he claimed. He drove his car 3K+ miles after it left me, in a single week, and never had any issues (his own words through text, and FB).

Now, all of a sudden, the car has leaks, the wiring is a rats nest, and the engine is shot. He has had 3 separate mechanics look at it, tear it down, and take pictures of everything. Everything was supposed to be documented, and he would send the information to me. I paid him 2500.00 for a settlement for this claimed "damage", which he and I both signed, and I have in my possession. He agreed that it would hold me completely harmless for any past, present, or future issues whatsoever.

The money was sent, and Rick cashed the check. However, the information was never delivered. Now, 2 months later, Rick is making more threats once I really started pressing him to deliver on what he legally agreed to. Last week, he had a company (5523 Motorsports) write up a 10K+ quote to partially rebuild the engine, and said here that the car was brought there for work.

I spoke to the owner of 5523 Motorsports today, who is not very happy that their quote was posted here to begin with, and that they got dragged into this in general. They told me that the car drove in under it's own power, and outside of 2 small leaks, a slight humming noise, and a handful of plugs that were not plugged in, there was nothing obviously wrong with the car. The engine was not in pieces, or torn apart, and was still intact from when Rick left my place with it. So, Rick lied to me about it being torn down for inspection.

Rick was also told that the humming noise could be a few different things.. Solid engine mounts/noise transmitted back into the car, the aftermarket high output alternator, OR it could have been something more serious, such as a damaged timing chain tensioner. However, Rick chose to eliminate the other 2 possibilities from his rant here on B15u.

He was also told that there was no reason to replace the current ECU and harness.. And the only reason he requested a new harness/ECU, is because he wanted a 350z harness and ECU so that he could run Uprev. That is a VASTLY different story than what he claimed about the harness being a "rats nest". In fact, the harness was completely fine, and had a handful of plugs that weren't used because we started with a automatic harness. So, the plugs that would normally plug into the auto trans were left unplugged and unpowered. So, there's another lie..

Rick claims that the engine was not freshened up, but I was told that it was obvious there was different color silicone on different parts of the engine, meaning that it had been apart. However, the engine was never really torn down in California like Rick claims it was. He has absolutely ZERO proof, pictures, or otherwise to show why I had to pay him 2500.00 to settle, which explains why he never would post it here, or provide it to me like he agreed to do legally. I did CHOOSE to settle with him of my own accord, so I'm not sure what I can do civilly. But, I am going to explore any and all options at this point. I was lied to, and settled with him under false pretenses.

Not only that, but he has been caught in a lie about paying 2JR to make repairs to his car to make it road worthy, which is posted in the other thread.

I've posted tons of pics, info, and documentation to back up everything I've said. I'm not saying that I haven't made some mistakes throughout the years, but Rick is full of shit and is using my past to try and create hype on a site where he knows there are people who will bash me. He's already been paid 2500 bucks back on a VQ swap, and settled with me on issues that apparently aren't even real.

·
39,045 Posts
I knew this had the potential to back fire...:facepalm:

·
Registered
207 Posts
This post doesn't effect me one bit. No one ever said the humming noise could be from the solid motor mounts, except travis (the thief). Every other thing he has said is out of his mouth(the thief) without any proof. Just his smoke screen opinions from a desperate thief. Only his neanderthal minions believe his garbage.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
:stupid:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts