A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi! My name is Kevin Chunilal, I'm from Brentwood Long Island, New York and I recently got a Spec V. Im only 18 and want to learn all I can about my car. I don't know too much about my car but I want to become a part of this community! All helps, tips, information about the wonderful SE-R, and all others will be greatly appreciated!

Thank You

PS. My car is an 04 Sentra SE-R Spec V. COMPLETELY STOCK

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
if it has a stock cat ditch it bad news

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Damn...

How long has it been since you bought that car and I finally convinced you to get active on this forum.

Well your at the right place, i know many of these people personally and they helped me out more times then i can remember.

Like i told you, read a lot and dont be afraid to ask questions

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
biggest thing is look at the how to's list all the other threads and i think that will cover a lot and give you an idea of what you want to do

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Make sure you search forums first then if you can't find it start a thread.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Make sure you fix the cat and the butterfly valves or you'll be doomed. 02 are known for blown head gasket too so be careful.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Make sure you fix the cat and the butterfly valves or you'll be doomed. 02 are known for blown head gasket too so be careful.
his car is a 2004

·
Registered
26,965 Posts
oh man you're a friend of Krys? great GET HIM GUYS!!!! nah j/k Krys is an OG in these neck of the woods.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
oh man you're a friend of Krys? great GET HIM GUYS!!!! nah j/k Krys is an OG in these neck of the woods.
haha yea i know kevin for a long time now, hes a good kid. Just trying to get into the car scene but its very new to everything. This is his first car

I told him to read up on many of the sticky threads and other threads that have been discussed many times.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I know, he's a good friend of mine too. He sent me here to get help from professional Spec V owners. He said you guys can hook me up! lol

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
I know, he's a good friend of mine too. He sent me here to get help from professional Spec V owners. He said you guys can hook me up! lol
By hook up, i mean enlighten and educate

Kevin dont speak that ebonics in here lol

·
Registered
405 Posts
For now, Id go with an exhaust and suspension upgrades. Exhaust is necessary for turbo later on, and adds power now. for cheap realllly beneficial mods check out Energy Suspension Motor Mount inserts. Probabaly help you best when racing for now. Other then that, personally if I could redo it id go straight for a turbo kit. skip the header and intake nonsense.

·
Registered
39 Posts
how much is a turbo kit for spec?

·
Registered
39 Posts
scroll up and it says get ur b15u sticker here hehe

·
Registered
1,933 Posts

Were professional's LOL

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yea, I hope to understand everything there is to understand about my car and this is the place to do just that! Im ready

·
Registered
26,965 Posts
Yea, I hope to understand everything there is to understand about my car and this is the place to do just that! Im ready
click the link i put in post #3 that has all the basics that you need to know. take care of the first few things then have some fun.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts