A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have a 06 v spec and when shifting thru the gears the rpms jump about 300-500rpm and hang there for a second every time i push the clutch in the go to the next gear. BUT if i let off the throttle a second or 2 before i push the clutch in, the rpms drop down like it should. i thought the throttle body was sticking but it still does it even after i cleaned it spotless. also checked for vacuum leaks and didnt find one. its drivin me insane and every thread i read people are saying its normal, but i really find it hard to believe nissan designed the car like this. i hope you guys have some insight on it and help me solve the problem.

·
Super Moderator
5,332 Posts
It's is normal, have to remember that these cars are one of the first to have electronic throttle body. IIRC the rev hang was also a way to burn off any excess fuel for emissions.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's is normal, have to remember that these cars are one of the first to have electronic throttle body. IIRC the rev hang was also a way to burn off any excess fuel for emissions.
but its not just rev hang though. its going up about 500rpm when i push in the clutch, rev hang is when it stays at whatever rpm i was at when i pushed the clutch it. ive seen videos of other spec v's that reved and shifted like normal cars which is what makes me believe its something wrong.

·
Super Moderator
5,332 Posts
Sounds right if you are disengaging the clutch after you let off the throttle while it's doing the hang as there is nothing going through the tranny. It's no different than giving the motor X% constant throttle and then depressing the clutch at the same time, rpm will jump up as power is not going through the tranny/ no load on the motor.

Anything done to ther car?

Part of what you see is different driving styles and also their tunes. Unless it's surging and going over what you ate seeing it's fine.

The only other thing I can suggest is clean the maf and do a tb and maf relearn after you reset the fuel trims.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds right if you are disengaging the clutch after you let off the throttle while it's doing the hang as there is nothing going through the tranny. It's no different than giving the motor X% constant throttle and then depressing the clutch at the same time, rpm will jump up as power is not going through the tranny/ no load on the motor.

Anything done to ther car?

Part of what you see is different driving styles and also their tunes. Unless it's surging and going over what you ate seeing it's fine.

The only other thing I can suggest is clean the maf and do a tb and maf relearn after you reset the fuel trims.
only thing done to the car is I/H/E. i know this has nothing to do with the tranny. im saying after i let off throttle and push the clutch in the rpms jump like im still giving it a tiny bit of throttle but im completely off the gas. ill do what u suggested and see if it helps the problem.

·
Super Moderator
5,332 Posts
That was the best example I can think of on what you are experiencing, which again is normal.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
pulled the whole intake plenum and runners and throttle body off to clean and check butterfly screws. put it all back together. did the 3 relearns and boom, runs like a clock again! i guess maybe i didnt do the relearns right the first 10 times.

·
Super Moderator
5,332 Posts
What's the third relearn....I seem lost?

Good on the relearns.

·
Super Moderator
5,332 Posts
Oh yeah, never took pedal position seriously as it is technically gets done automatically...I should look back into though as I forgot what it entails.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts