A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,Iam setting up an amp in my 2016 Sentra.I have already replaced the head unit and the speakers.I have run the rca's and the remote wire down the passenger side and into the trunk.Iam wondering which would be the best way to get the new speaker wires through my car doors and to the amp I was thinking of using 14 gauge wire.The wire boot looks like a real pain.And what would be the best route to run my power wire through the firewall.Thanks in advance cheers

·
Registered
172 Posts
What FRe said. Unless you are running something like a fat 120+W midwoofer, there is no noticeable gain from new speaker wire

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
identify the speak wires that go to the head unit and piggy back off them.
When you say piggyback so do I tap into the wires at the head unit and then run wires to the amp
When you say piggyback so do I tap into the wires at the head unit and then run wires to the amp ?
Headunit wires--->amp--->find door speaker wires and splice into
Iam sorry this is all new to me this is my first stereo install.Can you explain how I would go about doing this.

·
Registered
171 Posts
the amp is running the speakers, so cut the harness that would usually go into the head unit, identify which wire goes to which speaker, then run the wires from the amp to those wires, then you do not have to run anything through the door and you can make one nice separate harness from the amp to the head unit area, so that if down the road you need to find a wire or remove something it is all bundled in one section.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When you say piggyback so do I tap into the wires at the head unit and then run wires to the amp

Iam sorry this is all new to me this is my first stereo install.Can you explain how I would go about doing this.

I did a bit more research.So run speaker wire from my amp to the back of the head unit and splice into the door speakers there.
the amp is running the speakers, so cut the harness that would usually go into the head unit, identify which wire goes to which speaker, then run the wires from the amp to those wires, then you do not have to run anything through the door and you can make one nice separate harness from the amp to the head unit area, so that if down the road you need to find a wire or remove something it is all bundled in one section.
Thank you for the help I will do that.Looks like trying to get the wires through the door will be a nightmare.
Thanks again cheers

·
Registered
5,487 Posts
Speaker wire is for safety. Factory harness can handle the power to a certain point but just keep in mind its like a 18-22 gauge wire. Its alot of time and effort but gives good piece of mind with new speaker wire. It also allows for upgrades in the future without doing the job twice.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

I did a bit more research.So run speaker wire from my amp to the back of the head unit and splice into the door speakers there.
Does the car have a stock amp in the trunk?

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk
I do not have the stock amp in the trunk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Speaker wire is for safety. Factory harness can handle the power to a certain point but just keep in mind its like a 18-22 gauge wire. Its alot of time and effort but gives good piece of mind with new speaker wire. It also allows for upgrades in the future without doing the job twice.
Yeah that is part of the reason why I wanted to run new wire.Iam installing a 50 watt rms 4 channel amp so not a ton of power but still.I hope the factory wire will be ok.I will be running 14 gauge wire to the head unit if I go that route not sure it that makes any difference since I will be splicing into the factory wire anyways

·
Registered
172 Posts
If you reeeeeallly want to. Get a like 2 inch sturdy stick, like a broken pencil eraser end, tape it to the speaker wire and fanangle that thing through the doors

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah that is part of the reason why I wanted to run new wire.Iam installing a 50 watt rms 4 channel amp so not a ton of power but still.I hope the factory wire will be ok.I will be running 14 gauge wire to the head unit if I go that route not sure it that makes any difference since I will be splicing into the factory wire anyways
I cant really even find a video on how to run the wires through the door to a 2016 sentra.So can not even really sure how iam going to get those wires through the door lol.If anyone has any advice or a video would be greatly appreciated iam willing to do the work just not sure how to go about doing it.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I cant really even find a video on how to run the wires through the door to a 2016 sentra.So can not even really sure how iam going to get those wires through the door lol.If anyone has any advice or a video would be greatly appreciated iam willing to do the work just not sure how to go about doing it.
Most to all door running methods are the same, looking at a bunch of different cars like hondas, f150s, and miatas and youll get a good grip on tips and tricks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1 - 20 of 23 Posts