A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

101 - 120 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
Well guys after months the car is finally running, turns out the key I had didn't have a chip in it for NATS even though i told the guy that made it that it needs a chip....

Now that the car started I have a huge misfire issue :rolleyes:

It really bummed me out, the car started right up no issues but while driving it mis-fires, runs really rough and the Service Engine Soon light flashes which i know is a major problem....

I'll attach a video later

·
Super Moderator
20,869 Posts
Did you pull the codes already?
Probably an easy fix.

Glad you figured out the key problem. That's frustrating to have had happened

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
Haven’t pulled the codes yet I’ll probably do that this weekend, when I started it up I broke in the cams as per the break in procedure ( 10 mins between 1500 to 2000 rpm) after I turned the car off and decided to check the oil, there was nothing on the dipstick I had to add 2 litres of oil and I got really worried since I had just broken in the cams 😖

·
Super Moderator
5,158 Posts
Flashing service light is the indicator for misfiring and it might be on all cylinders. Did you do all the relearns after the motor was to temp?

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
Negative ...

I guess that’s I good place to start I’m gonna spend some good time this weekend pulling codes and doing re-learns

Would not doing the relearns really cause it to run and sound really bad???

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
I can’t add the video I took, says it’s too large for the server to process....

·
Super Moderator
5,158 Posts
Negative ...

I guess that’s I good place to start I’m gonna spend some good time this weekend pulling codes and doing re-learns

Would not doing the relearns really cause it to run and sound really bad???
Not tracking what you mean by negative

Throttle position and MAF readings could be a good contributor to it... since the o2(s) will read it.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
I meant negative as in I haven’t done that lol

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #109

Posted the video on my channel

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
Pulled two codes:

P0-300
P0-328

So not very helpful

·
Super Moderator
20,869 Posts
Is there any reason you already knew about that would give you a knock sensor code?

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
Is there any reason you already knew about that would give you a knock sensor code?

Considering how noisy the motor is right now I’m now surprised the knock sensor is picking it up, the motor sounds very “chattery/rattley” so it’s probably picking that up thinking it’s detonation

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
Has he not relocated it?
It’s relocated, one of the first “mods” I did back in 2011 when I took apart the motor that was the first time I had seen it the thing in years lol

·
Super Moderator
20,869 Posts
The code isn't for knock. It is for knock sensor malfunction

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
Found the cause of the misfire the connector for the ignition coil of cylinder 2 is not working gonna have to fix it

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
Guys I need some help/advice so I as I mentioned in my last post I noticed one of the wires for the pigtail connector is broken I got another pigtail connector from Nissan and tried wiring it in but still no good I switched the coil in another cylinder and the coil worked so I know it’s not that, I even tried switch the plugs out of curiosity and the plug worked in the other cylinder what else could it be!!!?????

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,158 Posts
How much of the old harness did you trim and is the new joints making solid connections?

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #119
I’ll post a photo of what I did when I get chance, I cut the old connetor off about half way back and wired the new connector in i searched and found a thread about repairing connectors and used that as reference

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
Some good news! I found one of the wires for the injector to the cylinder was also broken off! So that makes two wires that were broken....

Attachments

101 - 120 of 121 Posts