A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, guys
I'm new in this community and this is my first post. I'll be clear; my father has a Sentra 2000 SE 2.0 with sr20de motor. The transmission failed a year ago. We have been looking for the transmission (automatic) However, we haven´t found it yet. Many people have told us this car (the SE 2.0 2000 sr20de motor) is quite rare so there are no spare parts for this version. My question: whoever has one of this serntra, may you give me details of the transmission? By saying details I mean name of the trasmision (or code) or what type of transmission would fit from other sentras in case we don't find the original transmission.
I have a gxe 1.8 sentra 02 qg18de motor; I wanted to remove the transmission of my car to put it in my father's car, but the mechanic firend of us said the transmission from the gxe 02 would't fit on the Sentra SE 2.0

And yes, I've searched on google about what I said above and no results found. That's why I need your help.
Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Well, your mechanic friend is probably wrong.

I have both transmissions listed as RE4F03B .

So I would do a comparison of both as far as sensor location, and mounts, but they should be identical.

·
6,668 Posts
The trans model is the same but the bell housings are not, so you can't just use a QG one without swapping the bell housing at a minimum.

P11 G20's would be your best bet.

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Good information! Thanks for the info. I wonder why they all have the same re trans number. I wonder if there is a secondary number that better associates the models.

·
6,668 Posts
The number is just the model number from the manufacturer. Just the same way that the spec 6 speed is the same as the max 6 speed with a different bell housing and gear ratio.

I can't remember if there are vin tags on the tranny, but that's the only other way to tell without having an engine attached to it besides looking at the housing bolt pattern.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts