A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought this back in 2004 from a Honda dealership.:wave: I think it started with 40k-ish miles and now its 93k give or take.

It already had the aftermarket rims and I don't think they look too bad so I kept em. Might paint em white someday.

It's taken a couple light taps but mostly just chipped paint and cracked plastic tabs.

I'm not much of a photobug so the only 'old' picture I have of my car is this one. T-boned a stupid bicyclist, not my fault cops/insurance agreed.

Bought a new front bumper cover. Took it to a local shop and had them paint/mount it. Plus got my roof painted black and inside/outside detailed. Yea its an automatic; lots of hills, stop-n-go traffic, city driving where I'm located. Think I do 90%city/10%freeway driving, complete opposite of everyone else, but that's where the car shines right?

New headgasket and radiator (shoulda went with a Koyo but oh well). Engine was completely stock until I installed the 2JR CAI. Checked the butterflies already. 2JR plenum should be here this Thursday, too. Comon 2JR header, where u at?

Still gotta install the ALK and crank pulley. Needs a nice quiet exhaust too. Ideally the Stromung, but I guess I have to find it used if I wanted one these days. Or just go full FU and DD the 2JR side exhaust.

·
39,045 Posts
Nice ride pimp.

Where did you get your paint job from? I am looking for a shop that wouldn't cost an arm and a leg.

Get rid of the stock header. Even an ebay one is better while you wait.

I have a megan if you're interested.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Terry's Custom Auto Works
1508 Fairview Ave E.
Seattle, WA 98102

His shop is small and inconspicuously behind a small bank in Eastlake.

He only painted my front bumper and roof, not the whole car, for $800.

I didn't shop around for a deal before I got them painted, maybe its not so great of a deal. But Terry is the man. Talk to him for 5 minutes and you know he's a motorhead. Him and his buddies got the entire car thing down. Terry has the machine shop for all the engine work, next door is the painters and next to that is their dyno.

He's got zero internet presence tho, I wouldn't of known he existed if my bank wasn't located right next door to him.

·
39,045 Posts
Good to know man, thanks.

I only need my front bumper painted as well as some small parts here and there.

Machine work to do engine work huh? Hmmmmm. I would have to hit him up.

I have been trying to explain these hills to people, but they don't understand why I keep this car auto.

Auto for LIFE!!!!!

Which part of Seattle are you from?

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
oh look J you found a friend in your neck of the woods, and he is auto like you :lmao: dont scare him away now J,

·
39,045 Posts
oh look J you found a friend in your neck of the woods, and he is auto like you :lmao: dont scare him away now J,
I'm trying not to.....:nervous: LOL....

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Last time I went there he told me about boring out an M5 engine, putting in new rods and pistons then taking out on the freeway burning rubber at 80mph. While I was pickin up my car he suggested throwing a turbo in it but I said I'd wait till our cars get UpRev. haha

I live with all the other asian people on Beacon Hill.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Looking good, and im with j, i would get even a ebay header while you wait for the 2j header

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looking good, and im with j, i would get even a ebay header while you wait for the 2j header
Yea but I'd have to get an exhaust at the same time so it doesn't sound like complete garbage when I drive around. Which means saving up a little longer.

·
39,045 Posts
Yea but I'd have to get an exhaust at the same time so it doesn't sound like complete garbage when I drive around. Which means saving up a little longer.
Are you sure that you want to risk your engine over exhaust sound?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Its really true, I pulled my stock exhaust manifold off at 60k, and it was already showing that it was breaking apart. Its not that bad with a header and stock exhaust, and totally worth it to save your engine.

Welcome to the board. Nice ride.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Time for an overdue update.

Took stock plenum off. Screws all accounted for.
Photo0044.jpg

New plenum on lazy fitted to the 2J intake.
Photo0043.jpg

Got some new wheels. 17x7 Kosei K1-TS's Silver et36, 14.1lb each according to Tirerack. Difference in weight between these and my old wheels is night and mfing day. Also installed the 2J bsk. Then got it aligned.
Photo0022.jpg Photo0021.jpg

Plastidip'd black. 4 coats in and out. But only did the rears.
Photo0036.jpg Photo0037.jpg

Then a week later, finished doing the fronts. Don't mind my brother's 350 in the back.
Photo0040.jpg

Sun finally out and had a dayoff so I washed it up.
Photo0042.jpg

Still haven't done my header yet. It'll be next, I promise.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Time for an overdue update.

Took stock plenum off. Screws all accounted for.
View attachment 47016

New plenum on lazy fitted to the 2J intake.

View attachment 47015

Got some new wheels. 17x7 Kosei K1-TS's Silver et36, 14.1lb each according to Tirerack. Difference in weight between these and my old wheels is night and mfing day. Also installed the 2J bsk. Then got it aligned.
View attachment 47010 View attachment 47009

Plastidip'd black. 4 coats in and out. But only did the rears.
View attachment 47011 View attachment 47012

Then a week later, finished doing the fronts. Don't mind my brother's 350 in the back.
View attachment 47013

Sun finally out and had a dayoff so I washed it up.
View attachment 47014

Still haven't done my header yet. It'll be next, I promise.
Well I guess you like taking chances. Nice looking wheels and how do you like the plenum?

·
39,045 Posts
Don't make me slap my megan header on your car so that you can save your engine.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well I guess you like taking chances. Nice looking wheels and how do you like the plenum?
Before the plenum; pressing on the freeway just makes noise.
After the plenum; I'm already there.

Don't make me slap my megan header on your car so that you can save your engine.
Soon™.

·
39,045 Posts
Did you just trade mark the word soon? :eek13:

Either way, you should NOT be pressing your car with the stock header on it. Did you have the recall taken cared of already?

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Got an SRS header from Mark sitting in a corner. One of the o2 bungs wasn't perfect but I got that sorted. Then ordered an SS(sup Seattle winter salts), resonated, dual-tip 2JR exhaust. Once I get that I'll bolt em both right up.

I was rummaging through my desk clutter and found my alignment stats from the bumpsteer kit install. Crazy stuff goin on down under. The suspension shop told me my rear bar was bent upwards and rearwards. So apparently I've got crazy camber and toe in the back and not-so-RaceCar in the front. Or something like that.

I did a free carfax-y-ish readup of my car since I was curious; The one previous owner had the car repo'd from them before it was sent up to Washington. Pretty sure it was a college student since I had an Oregon University sticker afterimage in my rearview window when I bought the car. I'm guessing they did something to the rear bar...or maybe the repo'ing was very violent...I don't know.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 47 Posts