A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never saw the temperature go up, but my cars check engine light came on, and when i checked the code with the scanner it came up as engine overheated...which, i of course...deleted.
MY MOTOR HAS 3k on it!!! WTF

Then, I was on my way home from the shop, after putting new rotors and pads on, and it was rainy...sooo i peeled out a little bit. After doing this one 3 second burnout (feathered, not rev limiter style) in the rain, my engine temperature went wayy high for like 20 seconds and then went back down to normal while i idled at a light....im scared...hehe

i do hear like a gurgling sound when i first start my car and drive to the corner, while waiting to make a right onto DPA....possilby related?

anyone that has had this problem, or has an idea of whats up, let me know.

this motor has 3000 miles on it, and i did the oil change today, and noticed that the coolant was like an inch or more over the max line in the overflow container....and the oil was BLACK.....i guess when they put in my new motor they possibly over filled the coolant??? i beat up the car, and should have changed it at like 2000, I have no idea....my dad said "take it to nissan", which i Hate doing, so Im asking u guys! Im already leaning towards changing my oil every 2000 miles cause i drive like a nutjob.....but im not sure this motor is going to make it that long...

should i put my car on a tilt and let it run with the radiator cap off and purge the system of air possibly??? ill try anythang, worried about overheating again...and thats the worst feeling!

thanks for ur input
post whatever you think

·
Registered
7,399 Posts
open the radiator cap and see if you see antifreeze in there (only when the car is cold). or check if your fan kicks in when the car gets hot.

·
Registered
7,399 Posts
let me say it again.... ONLY WHEN THE CAR IS COLD

i dont wanna see you with a more of a fucked up face lol. when the car is hot, the antifreeze will shoot out that strong and hit you in the face, and it will burn

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah, i squeeze the hose for pressure before i remove my radiator cap...lol thanks

the coolant was FULL when i took off the cap.

the overflow tank is FULL also

im going to go beat it to death so i can break something, i hate wondering if something IS GOING to break....and since its covered, so im just gonna go burnout until the car overheats, then ill get a new motor again.....THIS SUCKS!!

QR's blow....a car made to be beat on, all sporty lookin, 6 speed, high emission, high temperature, yet non forged, peice of garbage!!

someone help! make my car stop getting hot when i Race it, thats the only reason i have it!

·
Registered
4,898 Posts
idk, if u need a new thermostat and u blow ur engine nissan wont give u a new one.,. the problem would be related to the thermostat not the motor... justchange that shit and call it a day, takes 2 secs to do.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
brought it to nissan and they purged the system....everything seems ok, but im leaving it there overnight, so i can start it from dead cold, and take it for a 20 minute drive with the technician...

i really wanna find the culprit of letting this air in my cooling system....IT WILL NOT COST ME ANOTHER MOTOR....well, deductible.

HOW DOES THIS AIR SNEAK IN I ASK???? I need it fixed.

the thermostat is 3k new as well as the waterpump, they came with the new motor.

could it be the radiator, radiator cap

who has a radiator cap i can buy, someone that got a nismo one, so i can check to see if its that part.....

this is the same bs that would happen to my old motor.....air in the system...has to be comming from the radiator or something cause thats the only non replaced part i can think of???

thanks guys

drivin a 2007 altima s.....its smooth compared to my car, but slow and squishy too....i like the NO keys feature....anyones spec have that?

oh and gears of war for the PC is unbelievable...

someone tell my how this air is smuggling into my cooling system!! thanks

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
DPAKiNG said:
brought it to nissan and they purged the system....everything seems ok, but im leaving it there overnight, so i can start it from dead cold, and take it for a 20 minute drive with the technician...

i really wanna find the culprit of letting this air in my cooling system....IT WILL NOT COST ME ANOTHER MOTOR....well, deductible.

HOW DOES THIS AIR SNEAK IN I ASK???? I need it fixed.

the thermostat is 3k new as well as the waterpump, they came with the new motor.

could it be the radiator, radiator cap

who has a radiator cap i can buy, someone that got a nismo one, so i can check to see if its that part.....

this is the same bs that would happen to my old motor.....air in the system...has to be comming from the radiator or something cause thats the only non replaced part i can think of???

thanks guys

drivin a 2007 altima s.....its smooth compared to my car, but slow and squishy too....i like the NO keys feature....anyones spec have that?

oh and gears of war for the PC is unbelievable...

someone tell my how this air is smuggling into my cooling system!! thanks
The air doesnt sneak in, maybe when Nissan put in the new engine they didnt flush the coolant correctly, leaving a lot of air in the hoses. Just flush it and refill it if you are worried. And if you think your radiator cap is bad, then get a new one. They are very cheap from nissan

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
true....they are 17 bucks....im going to buy one and put in on tomorrow morning....

I PICKED UP MY CAR AND IT RUNS GREAT!!

whoever said flush the system of air was right.

now i just need to find the culprit.

how come it didnt do this from day one of the new engine install then?

If the air has been in there since they put it in?

just curious, before i waste 20 bucks on a radiator cap....and can u test a radiator cap?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts