A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Top bushings came out fine, but couldn’t get the bottom to budge. I guess the metal sleeve on the bottom is seized, the rubber ended up tearing / breaking away... any suggestions ? I’ve gotten strong grips and pliers on it but I don’t want to bend or break anything, the bit of muscle I could put into it didn’t do a thing. Have tried liquid wrench and grease

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
Dam maybe a small torch. A pb blaster or good penetrant should work. Use channel locks.

Reactions: Tritton

·
Super Moderator
5,962 Posts
Worse case, it's 4 bolts on top and a stop bolt on the side to pull the assembly out.

·
Registered
147 Posts
What became of this, did you try a heat gun? Pliers, some form of lube?

Sadly this happens on the shift mechanism of a old 2005 I was / am working on but it was the shift mechanism and not the interior rings on the shift cables.

I had a shift mechanism from a 2002 model sheeeyyyaaaaad I removed the one with the bushings still seized pump to it and swapped it out. Slapped my 2J-Racing Trucite on there with a cute RED anodized 2J-Racing STS and o was out the door!

What is your update please or take it to a machine shop ...?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited by Moderator)
What became of this, did you try a heat gun? Pliers, some form of lube?

Sadly this happens on the shift mechanism of a old 2005 I was / am working on but it was the shift mechanism and not the interior rings on the shift cables.

I had a shift mechanism from a 2002 model sheeeyyyaaaaad I removed the one with the bushings still seized pump to it and swapped it out. Slapped my 2J-Racing Trucite on there with a cute RED anodized 2J-Racing STS and o was out the door!

What is your update please or take it to a machine shop ...?
We were able to wedge flat heads and chisels in behind it, but we’re unsuccessful of getting it to twist off
There was a pin I was able to remove for the lower bushing assembly to come out of the car completely, then we used a torch And it came right off, after an hour or two Under the hood I wish I would have figured out how to remove it sooner haha. It seemed like brass so I’m surprised it was so resilient

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
Ooooooohh I was thinking at the shifter inside the car. Dam if I remember right, I had the same issue on that one at the trans. Took me 15-20 mins to get off.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Glad to read of the conquests and wins the fights and endurance with these old motorcars...

Salutes to you all and continue the fight never let up!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts