A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short, sunroof drains clogged over time. I don't drive it much, found it on Christmas to have a small lake under the driver's seat... Thus I pulled the interior...

In this process the Shifter Control Cable bushing broke"closest to the driver seat," i've been searching but i haven't hit on anything solid yes on fitment. This bushing does not appear to be the one that is supplied in 2J's kit, so does someone know of a OE or aftermarket bushing that works?

The cable end looks like the one in the middle.

·
Super Moderator
5,588 Posts
You can't just get that end, you have to get a full cable assemble.....and that isn't a bushing, cable mount point would be more accurate but I don't know the actual name of it.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The cable end "displayed in the photo" is perfectly intact, there is definitely some sort of bushing insert that came apart after removal. However, based on what your saying is no one sells that piece without the rest of the cable.

·
Super Moderator
5,588 Posts
So what's in the image is yours??? if so then there is nothing that goes in there and it just pops/forced on to the nipple that is attached to the orange piece of the shifter.

·
Super Moderator
5,588 Posts
Disregard my last, yes you have to get the whole line.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The "cable end" in the center of the photo from the first post is what mine looks like. However, the "cable end" that is featured in the photo is missing the bushing as well.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no worries, i'm going to keep hunting maybe experiment at bit. I hate to buy the whole line for a small circular piece of dried out plastic. If I find something that works i'll post back.

·
Super Moderator
5,588 Posts
I saw it, took me a minute and had to go verify that I was wrong initially. I have never seen anything aftermarket to replace that and you would need a cable assembly just for that insert/grommet/bushing.

Have you check the dorman products at the auto parts store? I honestly think the piece is still in the car and in the highly unlikely location of still being attached to the shifter mount pin that cable attaches to.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've seen the doorman products while i've been searching, but i didn't see anything that jumped out at me yet that will definitely work.

The grommet piece broke into pieces when it popped off. The car isn't my daily so i've got time to figure out something. I was just hoping somebody knew it off hand, the cars are old enough now I know someone elses has broke by now.

I haven't really on top of things in a long time.. my era was thevboard and myspecv..

·
Registered
8,956 Posts
Where exactly is the piece your looking for located? I have an 04 parts car and I might have shifter cables for an 02 03 I'd have to look.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
There are a few part outs going on if you check around, @Kazspec04 may have something for you, or @DaveSpecB15 as well
Thanks, if I get down to that point i'll hit them up. I'm really not wanting to replace a whole cable if I can help it.. i already pulled the interior.. lol

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Where exactly is the piece your looking for located? I have an 04 parts car and I might have shifter cables for an 02 03 I'd have to look.

It's the end of the shifter cable in car closest to the driver. If you look at the image in the first post the cable in the middle is what it resembles.

·
Registered
8,956 Posts
It's the end of the shifter cable in car closest to the driver. If you look at the image in the first post the cable in the middle is what it resembles.
This?

·
Super Moderator
21,695 Posts
If I remember correctly, that cable is the same on 02-06 at least. its the transmission end of the other cable thats different
unfortunately, finding someone that wants to part with only one of the shifter cables may be an issue

·
Super Moderator
20,873 Posts
I don't have cables. Rick was gonna grab them for himself and ended up not grabbing them.
Then on my final day to grab stuff it started raining so I ended up leaving the cables. Wish I hadn't. I'm sure one day I'll need them.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This?

Yep, the cable end attached to the metal with the green plastic on it. There is a grommet inside that cable end that broke into pieces on me.

·
Registered
8,956 Posts
Yep, the cable end attached to the metal with the green plastic on it. There is a grommet inside that cable end that broke into pieces on me.
Well let me know. Not trying to go pull it off the car unless you do want it. it's to dam cold been in the teens here amd lower

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well let me know. Not trying to go pull it off the car unless you do want it. it's to dam cold been in the teens here amd lower

Totally understand man, that's the way it was when I had to pull my interior out. I'll let you know I'm gonna check out the Dorman products to see if one will fit before, I replace a whole cable for a bushing.

Thanks for looking though!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
***8/30/18- This part works... in case your wondering.***

So I think i've found one that works, the ID appears to be close. The OD does not just slide in, probably gonna take a little heat and silicon spray to make sure nothing breaks this time. I'm waiting for warmer temps to clean the carpet, so I can put it all back together. So i'll confirm when it's all done. In case this happens to someone in the future.

Dorman 14055 Shift Linkage Bushing
20171229_164243.jpg
The old bushing
20171229_164526.jpg
20171229_164132.jpg
The cable
20171229_164127.jpg

1 - 20 of 21 Posts