A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Alright, for this install you will need:
-A Phillips Head Screwdriver
-Needle Nose Pliars (for removal of retaining clip, optional)
-A 10mm socket with small drive*
-Socket extention*
*If you run into the problem I did
-some sort of cleaning oil/lubrican

First, get familiar with what you are looking at:

Now remove the retaining clip on top of the shifter cable post. Use the needle nose pliars if you want to make sure you don't drop the clip. clean the post with some light oil (I used Tri-Flow teflon lubracant) and slide the Axxtion over the shifter cable and onto the post, push until the rubber washer locks the STS in place.

NOTE: The washer which is originally on the shifter cable is removed and NOT needed when installing the STS.

replace the retaining clip and go through the gears. You will know if you run into the problem I am about to outline and describe, because 5th gear won't engage.

However, the finished product should look like this:

Now, get inside and remove the shift boot bezel. To do this, grab the back of the bezel and the cupholders/small indentions where certain 12 oz. beverages fit sometimes but nothing else ever really does. Pull back and up, and it should pop out. Flip it over and look for the black clip with two gold screws. Remove the screws and clip. They are NOT needed.

You are finished. Enjoy!

After install.

3rd Gear

4th Gear

shifting is easy through all gears and actually feels more natural. I love it.

**Use these Next steps ONLY if 5th gear won't engage on original install!**

I noticed 5th gear was making the assembly clank into the clutch line which snakes its way around the front of the shifter assembly. This is an EASY fix, and you can even nab another possible problem in the mix.

Remove the clutch line from the small clip to the right of the shifter assembly. Bend the line SLIGHTLY to allow the shifter assembly to move underneath when engaging 5th gear. Replace the clutch line into the clip.

Now, check the gold bracket beneath the clutch reservoir. There are two small bolts that may be loose. Thias was causing a squeaking noise that I once thought was related to my intake pipe/CF hood sqeaking. Use the 10mm socket and extention to reach the bolts and tighten them. This should complete the move of the clutch line so that the STS/shifter assembly has no problem moving about.

Attachments

·
Registered
401 Posts
nice

·
Registered
4,898 Posts
yo all that piece really does is sit ontop of thegold thing and moves it back slightly so it sshorter?
wats that problem with the clutch thing????????
i dont get how the two bolts get loose..lol

·
Registered
7,399 Posts
dont pay attention to all of the pics, just know how to do picture 1 and picture 2. I did it to Gabes car and there all the same from 02-06

·
Registered
4,898 Posts
u still gotta remove the black thing in th ecup holder.. and 5th dont work? its a bitch to get into fifth, cuz as of righ tnow, it suuuuuuuucks lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts