A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
So. Definitely need to run you vs the Juke I am currently building. It will be at Atco at some point next season (owner has a few friends down there). It would be an honor to get smoked by this beast lol

·
Registered
2002 Nissan Sentra SER SPEC V
147 Posts
A little late to the party but congratulations! And something to look forward to next year.

Reactions: silvabullit

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
So. Definitely need to run you vs the Juke I am currently building. It will be at Atco at some point next season (owner has a few friends down there). It would be an honor to get smoked by this beast lol
I wanna make my way up to New England dragway next year never been there b4. That close to you at all?

·
Registered
406 Posts
I wanna make my way up to New England dragway next year never been there b4. That close to you at all?
2 hours north of me. Its not a great track lol gravel parking lot, the paved lot is usually full in 20 minutes. Last time I was up there three years ago I got one run in during a 5 hour street night. Sat in line for two hours before I said fuck it and left.

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
2 hours north of me. Its not a great track lol gravel parking lot, the paved lot is usually full in 20 minutes. Last time I was up there three years ago I got one run in during a 5 hour street night. Sat in line for two hours before I said fuck it and left.
Well that sounds annoying lmao

·
Registered
406 Posts
Well that sounds annoying lmao
extremely lol I was testing a 400 horsepower juke, and only got to do one pass. It was a waste of 4 hours of driving, and 5 hours of being there haha I could have done better testing in my driveway.

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
extremely lol I was testing a 400 horsepower juke, and only got to do one pass. It was a waste of 4 hours of driving, and 5 hours of being there haha I could have done better testing in my driveway.
hear u on that.that’s why I do a bunch of testing on a local “known” street racing spot

·
Registered
406 Posts
why cant you? I could make a hood or fender dump on a b15, just have to work around the alternator lol

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
I plan to do something. And yes the alternator is the biggest factor and Idn how not run a pulley there lol

·
Registered
406 Posts
If you dont need an alternator then its pretty easy to make an idler pulley to maintain the water pump function.

if you have a good deep cycle battery, or two of them in parallel, you could easily do 1/4 mile races.

If you go electric water pump, then you can eliminate the belt completely.

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Yeah I know both Steven and Peter run electric pumps. And if I got a 16v battery then I don’t need alternator. If I remember correctly Steven said it was a pain in the ass to setup electric pump but I could be wrong. Hood exit is possible and probably the most probable route I’d have to go. How would I go about running idler pulley on water pump? If I could remove a/c relocate alternator there and then somehow run belt on the pulleys I can have it come out the fender

·
Registered
406 Posts
Electric water pumps arent too hard to set up, so long as your not running thermostats. Making a water pump delete bracket would be the hardest bit. Just have the water pump run on a PWM controller so it isnt full tilt all the time, just have it speed up as water temps go up. Basically an electric thermostat system using the pump. You can program an arduino to do the PWM for it, which keeps the cost down a bit.

Shit if you run the whole engine on a speeduino, you can have all of that management built into the computer. I just got a Juke running on a speeduino, i'll never use another ECM for odd ball cars lol it was so easy to set up. Even easier on a car thats already port injection haha

Remove AC. Remove Alternator. Make a idler pulley that allows the belt to touch the water pump. no need for 16v battery. A deep cycle 12v battery will run the car for a few passes.

Really, you can run a pipe over the alternator. Just use oval pipe, or even rectangle over the alternator, just trim out the hood support material to make even more room. A 3" pipe can be made pretty skinny before it starts to restrict flow.

running the exhaust out the drivers side would work, it would just put the noise and exhaust fumes to the drivers side of the car. If you ever popped an engine and oil sprayed out everywhere, you would NOT want the exhaust there. itll slick up the tires and coat the windows. Dangerous.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts