A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been so many damn weeks since the forum was supposedly changed over to Google Cloud Services and it has been so fucked up that many of the popular threads won't index past a fixed page even though posts apparently keep getting added.

As I see new posts easily enough, I thought I would start another thread here so we could all atleast continue discussing things while we wait for the forum to "hopefully" be fixed eventually.

I also wonder if new threads should be started for those favourites such as "What did you do to your Sentra today", etc.

·
Registered
4,877 Posts
Nevaaaar! Seems doomed to fail in a slow and painful fashion

·
Super Moderator
21,695 Posts
Even new threads, if they receive enough posts to generate a page break, all of the posts on the new page will be unavailable to anyone using a standard browser, it also doesnt address the errors that still occur when a post is added or updated. Unfortunately, most of the posts that people want to look at and reply to, are multiple page threads...

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Even new threads, if they receive enough posts to generate a page break, all of the posts on the new page will be unavailable to anyone using a standard browser, it also doesnt address the errors that still occur when a post is added or updated. Unfortunately, most of the posts that people want to look at and reply to, are multiple page threads...
Other than a "standard browser" what do you use to access the new content ?

·
Super Moderator
21,695 Posts
Aussie Supercars are cool, and the races usually good, I watch them when I find them, but they are not advertised very often here in the states. Kinda have to see it in the channel guide while looking for something to watch. Especially here in the South, where if it aint Nascar or drag racing, it has to be college sports!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That will make a really great Indycar track.

Saw Indycars at Mid Ohio once. Nice circuit but difficult to see the whole race. The changes they made to Charlotte for the Roval will mean everyone can see the whole race from the grandstands.

·
Super Moderator
21,695 Posts
I agree, the infield layout is flat, no banking to the corners at all, but the outer oval is for the most part untouched with IIRC 20something degrees of banking. I have walked that track a couple of times when it was still an oval, you dont appreciate how steep the banking is until you try to walk on it. Turn 1 was surprisingly what got most of the wrecks, both on restarts and during the race, along with what has been nicknamed the 'turtles', when they would get into them. they are about 6-8" high, and, if hit, would tear a bunch of stuff up

1042885344.jpg

edit to add: The Charlotte track has always been one of the better ones for visibility, some of the tracks, Talladega, for example, you only see part of the track, especially from the infield.

what kinda surprised me about the first nascar race I went to, was that MOST of the motor homes had big screens set up, they went to the track for the experience, but watched the race from their motor homes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts