A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its been a while since I did a lot of this or had stuff done to it. Turbo was isntalled in my own garage, I let a shop do the suspension stuff and some small things I fucked up. I boosted this thing in July 2007, so I'll try to rememeber all of what I have on this car. Most pics were lost from my motherboard frying out/having this computer redone. The turbo is the newest part at about 2.5 years ago.

-Full Nismo suspension, sway bars front/rear, control arms/bushings, no lower tie bar - didn't fit with the 3" stuff.
-ProTech hot side, manifold, DP and mid, test pipe w/high flow cat, 3" custom exhaust, DC fart can.
-Precision SC61 ball bearing, T350, 60/63.
-Treadstone cold side, I/C and piping, one custom 180 degree bend in there.
-HKS SSQV or whatever it is. Manual boost controller, set at 8psi. AFR/boost guages only, SAFC-II.
-Other goodies include VIS CF hood/trunk, JWT clutch/flywheel combo and BSR kit, Nismo graphics, honed intake manifold, gutted trunk, no backseat, rear window tints, grounding wires. Greddy tool rack.. err, air diversion panel.
-Nismo 17" silver rims w/kdw2s, 16" SE-R rims w/blizzak ws50s for the winter.

I'm totally good with this how it is now, I never felt like going beyond the maf's capabilities, and I really I prefer to stay away from the electronics. I have some head/valve stuff I probably wont bother to install, the Nismo shifter will get in there when I care enough. Old dyno and 1/4 mile times are irrelevant, this setup is untested. Some of these pics are a bit dated, the CF stuff is very faded but I really like this look, both were on my '04 SE-R auto a year or more before this car was done. Front bumper hangs off a bit at the drivers side from the treadstone stuff and keeping the fog light. Although this car isn't perfect, it's exactly what I want it to be.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Its been a while since I did a lot of this or had stuff done to it. Turbo was isntalled in my own garage, I let a shop do the suspension stuff and some small things I fucked up. I boosted this thing in July 2007, so I'll try to rememeber all of what I have on this car. Most pics were lost from my motherboard frying out/having this computer redone. The turbo is the newest part at about 2.5 years ago.

-Full Nismo suspension, sway bars front/rear, control arms/bushings, no lower tie bar - didn't fit with the 3" stuff.
-ProTech hot side, manifold, DP and mid, test pipe w/high flow cat, 3" custom exhaust, DC fart can.
-Precision SC61 ball bearing, T350, 60/63.
-Treadstone cold side, I/C and piping, one custom 180 degree bend in there.
-HKS SSQV or whatever it is. Manual boost controller, set at 8psi. AFR/boost guages only, SAFC-II.
-Other goodies include VIS CF hood/trunk, JWT clutch/flywheel combo and BSR kit, Nismo graphics, honed intake manifold, gutted trunk, no backseat, rear window tints, grounding wires. Greddy tool rack.. err, air diversion panel.
-Nismo 17" silver rims w/kdw2s, 16" SE-R rims w/blizzak ws50s for the winter.

I'm totally good with this how it is now, I never felt like going beyond the maf's capabilities, and I really I prefer to stay away from the electronics. I have some head/valve stuff I probably wont bother to install, the Nismo shifter will get in there when I care enough. Old dyno and 1/4 mile times are irrelevant, this setup is untested. Some of these pics are a bit dated, the CF stuff is very faded but I really like this look, both were on my '04 SE-R auto a year or more before this car was done. Front bumper hangs off a bit at the drivers side from the treadstone stuff and keeping the fog light. Although this car isn't perfect, it's exactly what I want it to be.
hey man whats up!! how ya been. this is the forum i was surprised you wernt on! always loved this car.

·
Registered
348 Posts
there is nothing better then been satisfy with your car, hope I get that feeling soon!lol well done and welcome

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do apologize for some serious dead thread revival here, but in this case I believe it has both relevance and significance. I will try to make a long story short...

The last time I really had this car running well and daily was probably around the time of my last post in here. In 2012 I couldn't get this car running legally so I put it in the garage and shelfed it for a while. My B16 has taken a pounding in the last 6 years in its absence. Now at 104K miles, my '07 has seen the shop quite a bit lately. So I have spent a few months piecing together what was needed to get the turbo running as it once was.

By all means it is not as pretty as it used to be. The carbon fiber is terribly faded; hood has a couple cracks. The overhead assembly with the sunroof controls and lights hangs down a bit. Hit by a hail storm 2 months ago, I have moderate damage to drivers side and roof. My KDW2's are showing some age. Aside from the rear sway bar, there is no visible rust from the outside, but overall does look like ancient history. But only has 60,500 miles.

New plugs, air filter, battery, idler pulley assembly, all fluids, brakes/calipers all around, both 02 sensors and the uego wideband, midpipe, rewrapped downpipe, refurbished pcv system, and some miracle of passing emissions.

Its legal, its back. Not the prettiest thing or the hottest. Its been almost exactly 11 years with a turbo on here. I can once again did what I could years ago. Turn a few heads, surprise an occasional driver to and from work, make some people question their vehicular choices... But most importantly I have something that was missing for a long time, a car that is exactly what I want it to be.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts