A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
The turbo guys have said to pull out the tube seals and flip them around. I have not used that method and unfortunately imo the right way to fix it is the valve cover assembly. Thats a guarantee fix. You can use some good quality rtv on the tube but its a bandaid.

The vcg on the pathfinder is a real bitch, thats why I recommend if you do it, only do it once with a new oem part.

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
Its a give and take. The valve covers are a bit expensive for what they are but arent hugely expensive to the problems they can cause. They are common failures over time. I just got one for my 04 and it was like $150 or something like that (wholesale price). Especially if you can do it yourself, my shop would charge $1200 for the Pathfinder job. Might as well do spark plugs too if they havent been done. You can do it! Grab a swivel or 2 and itll be over before you know it.

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
I gotchya big jim Im sorry for the loss. The best rtv I always recommend is called Right Stuff made by Permatex. It alittle pricey but they sell smaller tubes for maybe $10, perfect for the job. If they dont have that use grey rtv by permatex. Never ever use black rtv. As long as the surface is clean and dry its a reliable fix, especially with Right Stuff. I use when I have to and I dont have come backs for oil leaks. Hope you figure it out my man!

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
Glad to see it back together. There should be simpler vacuum routing sticker somewhere under the hood.

Reactions: BigJim1

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
Ill try and check it out tomorrow. No codes?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts