A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was going to check the gap on my plugs yesterday as well as verifying that I am running the correct heat range densos.

One of my plugs had a puddle of oil on top of the plug. I found this out after I removed the coil and stuck my socket and extension down in there.

Is there a gasket that goes between the spark plug tube and the valve cover? If not could I solve this by drilling the pcv system out to relieve pressure.

Spare201 uses a wanker ass mobile app.

·
BDSF
11,452 Posts
There is a gasket, but from what I remember, you need to replace the entire valve cover as you cannot replace the gaskets individually.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
GD what a hassle, from the diagrams you appear to be right. Anyone else want to chime in?

·
39,080 Posts
Don't worry man. The covers are not expensive and are easy to replace.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
yea the valve covers are cheap

but that sucks, i remember replacing these seals on a ka and old b13, but they had part numbers for the seals, lol

but the qr valvecover is all plastic, there are no rubber inserts ontop of the spark plug tubes

·
Registered
720 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Yea I like that idea to, but 6 grommets are $60 you can buy a new valve cover for like $80 from the dealer

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Makes me wonder if I could use high temp rtv in that groove. I just don't want to buy another valve cover that can develop that same leak, for having that plastic shit in there.

·
Registered
720 Posts

·
Super Moderator
20,873 Posts

1 - 20 of 25 Posts