A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked in the interior forum and did not see an answer.

On the Sentra S with the basic four speaker sound system what is the speaker impedance?

Crutchfield says 2 ohm. Is that true, or is that for the upgraded system in other trims?

·
Administrator
7,175 Posts
Decided to see if there was any info in a section of a 2016 FSM in the audio section and didn't see any, crutchfield does have a lot of info and the only other way to check outside of shooting the wires is to hope they are still marking the info on the speaker.

·
Registered
12 Posts
You can take a multi meter with a ohm meter on it and measure the resistance across the speaker. make sure you unplug the speaker because you can't measure resistance across something with power applied.

·
Registered
6,025 Posts
I would think 4ohm but 2 ohm is also possible and what you measured. I would also thing think the front are the same as the 2ohm. But, be sure. The RF amp powers the rear speakers and sub, and the fronts are controlled by headunit. Might be different.

Not sure what factory specs are but its always better to run a new and much more powerful amp to make it worth it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts