A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Super Moderator
20,872 Posts
There's very very very very few b15 I would pay that much for.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I only intended to imply.......
They don't sell for much. Turbo or VQ.
So there's always the option of buying one someone else already dumped money into. Carefully of course. And with the expectation of needing to fix or replace things.
thats why its so comical to see someone wanting $9K for their turbo 2003 spec, cause nobody will pay that, no matter what!
I've quoted people less than that for mine.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
It's sad watching some people post thousands for their car, cause they want how much the put into it. Then argue when someone says it's too much. I've only had 1 car that I put serious money into. Once you do, you're stuck with it, so you have to be mature and choose wisely.

·
Super Moderator
21,695 Posts
It's sad watching some people post thousands for their car, cause they want how much the put into it. Then argue when someone says it's too much. I've only had 1 car that I put serious money into. Once you do, you're stuck with it, so you have to be mature and choose wisely.
exactly, once you take a car away from show room stock, your only hope is to find someone with the exact same tastes that you have, and the exact same goals for the car that you have already put into it. There are exceptions for show cars, but for most passenger cars, once its high mileage, and has modifications done, you are, as you said, pretty much stuck with it if you dont want to take a loss

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
update. Crossed 205 thousand miles on all stock motor and Im still getting 16psi oil pressure (warmed up and driven) and 20 vacuum both at idle. Motor seems healthier than a well fed horse. And to anyone still fearing going boost until your motor is built and sleeved - i will state a while ago when I was having wastegate issues (eventually replaced the Turbonetics with Tial) I mistakenly put the manual boost controller in backwards and went to 13psi boost - no problems what so ever...of course I didnt leave it there but the point is - if you have a good tune a few dumb mistakes will not cost you a new engine....nuff said. Go to 2j's immediately and get yer turbo!

·
Registered
329 Posts
@Boosted it just goes to show how strong a motor our QR25DE is in its stock form.
@shanover, @mirrortints, @xbrandonx most of who spend the money on our cars modifying them do it for our own pleasure and not for resale anyway. The worth of the cost is in the enjoyment we get from both doing the mods and using them.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
@Boosted it just goes to show how strong a motor our QR25DE is in its stock form.
@shanover, @mirrortints, @xbrandonx most of who spend the money on our cars modifying them do it for our own pleasure and not for resale anyway. The worth of the cost is in the enjoyment we get from both doing the mods and using them.
Besides the qr part, I couldn't have said it better. Lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

41 - 49 of 49 Posts