A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
07 stock Sentra spec V is experiencing loss of power when warmed up. I got a OBD2 scanner with the live data and it's showing the SHRTFT2 and LONGFT2 higher than 10%.

I noticed a crack in the airbox on the side where it mounts into a hole and sealed it up. Ran the scanner again tonight and noticed both short and long FT1 were fine but short FT2 was still high. I brought the idle to 2500 rpms and the trim didn't change much. This would cancel out a vaccine leak, correct? Meaning it's probably a fuel pressure or injector issue, right? This is driving me crazy

·
Super Moderator
6,510 Posts
Clean maf, do a relearn on the TB and MAF and see what the values are then.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Clean maf, do a relearn on the TB and MAF and see what the values are then.
Cleaned everything and still showing same data. If it was the MAF sensor, shouldnt it read lean on both banks 1 and 2? If I were to switch out the bank 1 and bank 2 precat o2 sensors, and were to read the same data, I could remove the o2 sensor being an issue from the equation, right?

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Check the knock sensor. I know early B16s had an issue of overly sensitive sensor. Some resorted to adding sound deadening to reduce it's effect.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Check the knock sensor. I know early B16s had an issue of overly sensitive sensor. Some resorted to adding sound deadening to reduce it's effect.
Knock Sensor relocation is the first thing i did. Knock sensors only advance or retard the timing, right? Whatever the issue is, its only affecting cylinders 2 and 3 which is bank 1

·
Super Moderator
6,510 Posts
Cleaned everything and still showing same data. If it was the MAF sensor, shouldnt it read lean on both banks 1 and 2? If I were to switch out the bank 1 and bank 2 precat o2 sensors, and were to read the same data, I could remove the o2 sensor being an issue from the equation, right?
I would swap the upper sensors first and see if it follows the sensor.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts