A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says, I want to splice a power inverter into my cigarette lighter.

My end goal is to have a 120w Power inverter underneath either of my front seats, discreetly as possible. Kind of like hidden outlets. Since it is something I want to keep there forever I don't want the inverter's plug sticking out of my second lighter all the time.

Concerns:
fuses- the 120W inverter has a fuse in it, should I put another in my wiring anyway?
the second lighter- will it be safe to continue to use? Should I just cap it off?
Switch - If it's NOT okay to splice a power inverter into the accessory power wires of the second lighter; would the addition of a switch dictating where the power goes make it okay?

·
Registered
940 Posts
>.> um why not just run a power cable from your battery? seems like alot more work then needed. hide the wires then mount the inverter under your seat.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess I just don't trust myself to turn things on or off before or exiting cars. :puppy_dog_eyes:

·
Premium Member
11,452 Posts
>.> um why not just run a power cable from your battery? seems like alot more work then needed. hide the wires then mount the inverter under your seat.
The whole point of an inverter is to get AC power from a DC source so you can plug in power tools, etc.

·
Registered
569 Posts
1. a 120w power inverter is good for about a cellphone or laptop charger or similar
2. yes the second plug would be okay to use, they run off seperate fuses
3. would you need an extra fuse in your wiring, most likely not unless you are horrible at wiring.
4. you could wire it straight from the battery and use a relay to turn it on/off, this would require a fusible link as close to your battery as convenient but would allow you to run a bigger power inverter
5. you live in connecticut, im pretty sure it snows there, a power inverter under the seat would be a bad idea. snow or water from passengers shoes could cause it to get wet and short out.
6. what are your true intentions of using the power inverter and i can give my oppinion on how to do it.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you live in connecticut, im pretty sure it snows there, a power inverter under the seat would be a bad idea. snow or water from passengers shoes could cause it to get wet and short out.
Good call!

what are your true intentions of using the power inverter and i can give my opinion on how to do it.
...(ellipsis)...

I am looking to install a cellphone jammer that I can turn on and off from the drivers seat; though for legal reasons I have to have the jammer in the trunk.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Just get a DC adapter that plugs into the cigarette outlet. No hacking required and removable when not in use.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Who added mobile meth lab as a tag? LMFAO

·
Registered
21,701 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Why do you need a cell phone jammer?
So I can prevent commercial communications from reaching my drivers cabin.

Like the occasional prank disconnecting of my passenger's call.

I have no intention of interfering with FCC regulated airwaves outside of my vehicle.

I mean, hypothetically I could put the jammer on 11 and disconnect the calls of the distracted drivers around me and make the roads a better place.
Hypothetically.
Whothefuckevensuggestedthat?

·
Registered
714 Posts
I know some people with jammers in their cars for the simple reason of fucking with the ******* on their cell phones. Works pretty good. Only problem is you cant get signal either so if something important comes in you wont get it til you turn it off.

Sent from my phone. Who cares what it is. They all do it now-a-days.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I know some people with jammers in their cars for the simple reason of fucking with the ******* on their cell phones.
*gasp* But, Kevin! That's illegal!

But seriously. Someone help me make Project Dead-Air happen. I'm so sick of almost getting hit by blatantly distracted drivers.

·
Registered
21,701 Posts
So I can prevent commercial communications from reaching my drivers cabin.

Like the occasional prank disconnecting of my passenger's call.

I have no intention of interfering with FCC regulated airwaves outside of my vehicle.

I mean, hypothetically I could put the jammer on 11 and disconnect the calls of the distracted drivers around me and make the roads a better place.
Hypothetically.
Whothefuckevensuggestedthat?
Seems like a helluva lot to go thru...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
714 Posts
*gasp* But, Kevin! That's illegal!

But seriously. Someone help me make Project Dead-Air happen. I'm so sick of almost getting hit by blatantly distracted drivers.
Yeah illegal but its illegal to be on your phone too. At least where I am. The cops here are authorized to smash your phone on the side of the road if they catch you on it while driving.

Sent from my phone. Who cares what it is. They all do it now-a-days.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts