A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never replaced the springs before and I purchased some to lower my car. I have an idea how to do it but i would prefer to do it rite. Anybody have a downloadable pdf or a link to a site for this. I don't wanna screw some dumb shit up.

·
6,695 Posts
You're gonna need a spring compressor. If you haven't done it before, maybe you should get a buddy who does to help you out, that or go get it installed. Springs are not "hard" to install, but you can f yourself pretty quick if you don't know what you're doing. I remember somebody messing around with a spring compressor and the spring shot up the ceiling and put a nice hole on it. ;)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya thats what I am worried about. I got the compresses and the idea of most of it. I would just like a tut on how to do it so I don't shoot my face off. My buddie said use a ratchet strap also.

·
6,695 Posts
Got air tools? That'll make everything so easy on the shock nut up top.

1)remove strut from car
2)compress spring with compressors
3)remove shock nut
4)remove strut mount
5)remove compressor slowly and balancing it from one side to the other
6)install new spring
7)compress springs the same way
8)reinstall the shock nut
9)reinstall to car
10)do it 3 more times
11)get an alignment after a few days

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
really easy install but just be safe like moltennismo said. basically take the strut out. compress spring, remove strut top/mount, remove spring. then compress new spring and put on strut. then put on strut top/mount and tighten down to spec.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts