A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm changing my rear pads and rotors (Ebc) and adding stainless lines whats the right way to do this I know the 1 person bleeding trick with the bleeder valve but whats the order. Can I just remove the lines do the pads and rotors and then refill?

Thanks didn't find a write up sorry if this is a repost.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
i don't remember the order (cause i had help) but if you remove the lines you can't just drain and refill, you need to bleed it and i think you start with the longest brake line and go to the shortest. you can just swap your pads and rotors with out touching the fluid, but if you touch the lines you need to bleed.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking that i could change the lines first then after the pads are in bleed the calipers one at a time in order.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Order is:

Rear Pass, Driver Front, Driver Rear, Pass Front per the FSM. (furthest, closest, furthest, closest).

They're all on separate lines so I doubt it really makes much of a difference.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Really cause the way i do it is to start with Right Rear, Left Rear, Right Front, then Left Front.
In other words start with the farthest away from the brake master cylinder.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Really cause the way i do it is to start with Right Rear, Left Rear, Right Front, then Left Front.
In other words start with the farthest away from the brake master cylinder.
If you check the FSM, it says the way I listed.

What you've said is the old school way of doing it and it works just fine on almost every newer car.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I cant get the caliper to compress do I need the the tool that compresses and turns the piston?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts