A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got and B15 Sentra this is the first car that Ive owned and it was a fun car to drive. Until i started to have some problems with it everything started when i would come to a stop and it would stall out of no where. Now i just have it sitting in my garage and what it does now is that i would be able to turn it on and i can let it run on idle for a good amount of time like 30 minutes+ then when i would turn the car off it would only crank but wont start unless i let it cool down. eventually after some time i tried fixing the problem by myself but it just seemed like i was throwing parts on it so far what i have done to the car was---rebuild the head and got a new valve cover----new fuel pump---changed bad fuses---changed cam and crank sensors---new fuel injectors--- and new fuel relay. right now im kinda just guessing that it the ECM, throttle body, or ignition coils. if someone can pls help me or put me in the right direction that would be amazing i really want to get back to driving my B15

·
Super Moderator
5,082 Posts
It's electrical and sounds like battery and/ or alternator problem. If you had a bad ground the problem would be more consistent.

More than likely the battery is actually bad but enough time passes for it to "regenerate" the amps that it tests good when you get it to a tester. Happened to me.

Did you every jump it when if wouldn't start after driving or from/ to where ever.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I’ve had to jump it a couple of times when it didn’t even what to start u know. What’s weird tho is that when I got the battery tested at Walmart they said it still held charge. Buts what’s funny is that the battery actually dead rn

·
Super Moderator
5,082 Posts
Replace it, I can almost guaranty it was the battery from the start do to the magic of electricity and shitty battery technology you did a lot of work for no reason

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Uhhh I haven’t check yet last time I did it was giving me codes for the crank/cam sensor I been meaning to check it again tho

·
Super Moderator
5,082 Posts
Also sounds like the alternator is putting out enough to continue to allow the car to run while the battery is being discharged as the alternator is taking the load.

Battery and alternator combos are an annoyance

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
oh-ok, idk if this helps too but when I have it running there has been times that when I press the A/C button on it would make the car boggle out and shutdown

·
Super Moderator
5,082 Posts
Unless someone else comes in later today with another idea, I'm saying alternator and battery. If the battery you have now is under warranty replace it and get a new alternator.

·
Registered
411 Posts
My guess is the negative ground cable. Its a shitty cable in a shitty location and it always causes problems.

Take the cable out completely and replace it. Scrub up the ground mounting points, and just to cover your bases, try installing a grounding kit (you can make yourself).
Or buy one from Joe.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Awesome thx for the help guys I’ll go ahead and try that and check in to see what happened

·
Registered
12 Posts
Any chance you got a spare key recently? When I took my Spec V to Ace Hardware to get a spare, they ended up putting my computer into lockout mode and it refused to start regardless if I used the spare or original.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I always go to Nissan with my registration and Vin. I have two back ups that were cut elsewhere, and they never cut this key correctly, I have to jiggle, or pull out a bit. Nissan key works everytime.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Just fyi the cam and crank sensors must be from nissan

1 - 20 of 27 Posts