A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
So I got and B15 Sentra this is the first car that Ive owned and it was a fun car to drive. Until i started to have some problems with it everything started when i would come to a stop and it would stall out of no where. Now i just have it sitting in my garage and what it does now is that i would be able to turn it on and i can let it run on idle for a good amount of time like 30 minutes+ then when i would turn the car off it would only crank but wont start unless i let it cool down. eventually after some time i tried fixing the problem by myself but it just seemed like i was throwing parts on it so far what i have done to the car was---rebuild the head and got a new valve cover----new fuel pump---changed bad fuses---changed cam and crank sensors---new fuel injectors--- and new fuel relay. right now im kinda just guessing that it the ECM, throttle body, or ignition coils. if someone can pls help me or put me in the right direction that would be amazing i really want to get back to driving my B15
No.

This is false.

You want a Hitachi you can get at Advance Auto Parts
Hitachi Camshaft Position Sensor
Part # CPS0003

Or if you cant get a Hitachi, then you'd want a Delphi If there is an Napa near you, DEM SS10816

NO, get OEM, not sure if Hitachi is OEM, but whatever OEM is, get it. Yeah others have bought from local auto parts store, but those go bad or don't work, and make sure they come in aluminum color, not the black/plastic. You will need two, one goes on the side easily, they other cam/crank sensor is located in the back of the block which is a pain in the ass to reach.
I've been running my spec hard for 155k miles, 2JR reflashed tune 100 OCT raced and the i attribute the long engine life to quality oem parts. Especially coil packs and sensors.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
ok but I thought there was 2 separate cam/crank sensor I know both show up the same if the car gives u codes but isn’t the cam supposed to be the black plastic one and the round aluminum one supposed to be the crank

·
Super Moderator
5,073 Posts
They are both interchangeable, but the issue here is the black plastic is obsolete and iirc there was a recall on the those sensors. If you don't have the aluminum sensor for both then fix that issue.

You will get a different code for crank and a different code for cam.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts