A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2004 spec v, looking into replacing my power steering hoses with steel braided ones. unsure on where to buy and what size fittings n hose size is needed?

·
Super Moderator
5,887 Posts
That's not something you want to do yourself due to the pressure the system sees in that area which require specialty lines and testing.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
def not doin it myself, i have a garage thats gonna do it.i just have to supply everything, ive been seeing universal lines so is there a specific fitment ? or just any braided hydraulic line with an an adapter?

·
Registered
89 Posts
def not doin it myself, i have a garage thats gonna do it.i just have to supply everything, ive been seeing universal lines so is there a specific fitment ? or just any braided hydraulic line with an an adapter?
You need to have a hydraulic specialty shop make the lines up for you. You would need to take your oem line to them and see if it is something they can do using what you are looking for.

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
Think you can buy bulk stainless braided hose but just have to crimp an end to it. Its a custom job.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Matthew Parris is correct, best you can do is go to a wrecker yard and find what you seek to upgrade. Take the pieces to a hydraulic hose shop and have your set mocked up, remember these use fittings to connect so in order get the newly mocked up set onto your motorcar you’ll need to have your metal lines all cut.

Barbed end male fittings installed and knurled the open end on each and you’ll always have the aspect you CANNOT modify which is the fluid reservoir which is two plastic MALE ends made to the reservoir and cannot be modified or changed thus causing you to need a metal fluid tank with threaded male fittings to affix your lines.

seen guys do this before mostly old school resto hot rods and examples where YearOne has no solution for.

SusPec and myself live near a hydraulic hose shop off of Ritchie Road in Capitol Heights MD but you could just mock up metal lines like the brake line repair kits and remove the rubber sleeve portion and merge the aspects with metal but if OEM rubber type is still being made I’d use that but tricking your car out is about being unique and I have an awkwardly unique 2002 D-; so what can I type about being normal or doing normal things...?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks, i asked around here n got a few mixxed answers, i was thinking the same, now unsure if i wanna go that deep into a hose lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts