A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

Steering wheel fix ideas?

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Sus Spec 
#1 ·
I'm sure I'm not the only one who's steering wheel is deteriorating at various points. For me the first layer at the top of the steering wheel has worn through revealing another stickier layer. I'd like to just patch it some how or maybe re-wrap just that section.

What have you guys done short of replacing the whole steering wheel?

Would plasti-dip be an option that would hold up?

#3 ·
Yeah I like that....$129 isnt bad. I really just want it to be tight ans snug since I'm always whipping it back and forth down country roads.

Do you have this product by chance?

#4 · (Edited)
I put a parts store cover on that have grip to protect my wheel that way all the grime eats and the cover instead of the wheel, its cheap and replaceable but the redline cover is a good long term choice.

#6 ·
Yeah the Redlinegoods is great. Need better leather imo. I got mine for 140ish with the coupon code for the Nappa leather. Also need to condition it with leather conditioner periodically. How old is yours?

Also plastidip would never work. It is no where strong enough for the hand abrasion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.