1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
21,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
26,965 Posts
it will never die, i used to do it by habit, but i stopped once my licence got screwed and cops took my car.

im all down for a rolling press on an open highway though ;)

·
Registered
279 Posts
when I was younger, i was going all the time to the local spots, 2-3x a week, racing alot of ppl. I had fun and would do it again, however, as u get older with responsibilities, u realize the risk > reward and its not worth it anymore.

major con: the other driver. last night, cruising down a local road, VERY WIDE, 2 lanes... me and a gti start to go around 50mph roll. We get to like 90mph and we approach a light, well i brake early not knowing him and glad I did, cuz he cut across my lane, into the turn lane to go left, still doing 50-60mph. STUPID FUCKIN DRIVERS!!!

major pro: bragging rights and knowing what ur faster than.

overall IMO: not worth the risk, legally or physically

·
Registered
21,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Remember this from MSV??

__________________________________________________ ______________

Well I guess the best way to start this off is by bringing you into the night I got caught. Was late October, a friday night. I was hanging out at the local spot just watching cars cruise and what not. Sometimes I would race sometimes I wouldnt. So it's getting late i'd say about 2am or so and im just getting ready to leave and head home and this guy comes along in his mustang of all cars. Its a fox body (89-93 model) LX model with a fully built motor. Its all motor built to run at the track. He gets out emmo looking and all with a fo-hawk. Starts talking as loud as he can saying "I dont know why all these import P.O.S cars are hanging out in this parking lot", yada, yada, yada.. so i was already like wtf?! So hes talking to people I know and they are telling him how amazingly fast my car is for a stock 4 cyl with a turbo kit. So finally he aproches me and is like "we need to race" im like nah im good.. And he was like "come on.. afrade that you cant hang with a mustang" and im like "it'll hang, might not take you but your not gonna all out stomp me" and he's like "well i have 500whp that says i will" so i was like "ok w/e lets go".

So we pull out and i already knew it was a bad idea because we had a few people behind us and im kinda sketchy running with spectators but i just said whatever and just kept going. So we go out to the local highway.. at this time of night around here there isnt anyone at all out. So usually is all good to go. Well he yells out "lets do a 30 roll".. so i am like cool we get down to 30 i let him honk.. 1... 2... 3... and were off he instantly pulls 2 cars on me then i start catching him and by the end of it he had about 1 car @ 130mph.. so he's like wtf and yells out lets do it again my back wheels came off the ground and i had to shut down.. Im like ok w/e.. (i had a buddy in the car with me and he's was referancing him to honda drivers) so we go off the highway turned around and got back on the highway.. slow to 20 this time he starts the honk.. 3... 2... 1... and were off this time pulls at least 3 cars and went to 145 or so and he had 1.5 cars on me.. we got off the highway and headed back to the hang out and as soon as he got out of the car he was like my cars running like **** tonight and we should race again another day (which i said nah, thats ok. no need in proving myself again) but all was good and i went home.

Well, over a month later it's a Sat. night and im getting ready to roll uptown to check out whos out and whatever. I had my car in 1,000 pieces doing a headgasket, had everthing off of it. My mom calls me and tells me to put the news on theres something going on in high point, So i do. Sure enough theres a street racing sting that has been going on for 2 months and they are picking everyone up tonight. Im like wtf! I dont race much maybe 5 times ever since i've had the spec, but i knew i would be on their list, just the kind of luck i have. So i went up town and bam 2 of my friends are arrested right in front of me. Im like damn.. I want to see that list to see if im on it! Went home sat night and didnt sleep worked on the car a little. And that night i decided forget this it is not worth it and i took the injectors out for the turbo kit put stocks in and i was going back to stock no matter if i got caught or not. I am a father of 1 and another one on the way and i have a house payment and car payments and a loving wife. Not going to mess up everything for a race. So yea everything for the turbo kit came off all my gauges and cutout, etc came off in prep for going stock.

Well Sunday was 1/2 over and i still didnt hear anything so i called my dad up (he's a sargent for BSO in s. florida) see if he could do some checking and see if he could get a hold of the list. He said he would try on monday and get back to me. Monday morning about 11a he calls me and says "Yep, your on the list. You have 3 street racing charges (raced the mustang 2 times and follow behind on another race) he said " I have talked to the Sargent in charge and he said just to go ahead and bring the car in and he would just let you sign out at the magistrates office and wouldnt have to be put in the system as arrested and whatnot" I was like ok well my car was all apart so i called a tow company and had the car towed 30 miles to where it needed to be and everything seemed ok. I walk in the office and the Sargent is like come with me. So i follow him back and we sit in his office and he pushes this paper to me. He says answer those questions for me and we can go over to the Magistrates office and get this over with. Im like ok cool. (had my wife and daughter waiting for me in the parking lot so they could sign me out) I look down at the paper and the very first question is "How often do you race and who do you race against?" Im like wtf.. I looked the sargent and im like sir i cant answer these questions.. the first one is self incriminating.. and hes like "oh your daddy tell you to lawyer up? Well you can thank him for helping us with the investigation.. be sure to tell him not to call me anymore i dont have anything to say to him" I was like "uh.. ok"

He stood me up and put hand cuffs on me called another officer to come out and take me over. They put me in the car and were on our way. We got about 1/2 way there or so and the officer gets a call. Its the sargent. He just realized my car doesnt run and is wanting to know where all the pieces are. I said they are at the house which ones are you looking for? (just to see if he knew what i had or not) he start spouting off all these nonsense parts. "Rims (never had), TV's(never had), system (Never had), Nitro intake (yea, he's said nitro intake), Jet fuel injection (yea, that too... ) and so on. Im thinking to myself, **** he doesnt know who has what and doesnt know **** from ****. So i tell him "Sir, car was in the middle of getting the head gasket worked on and the oil pan was damaged and header cracked. I no longer have the header bc i was going to order another one and car never had rims or tv's or anything like that. He says "thats bull****" and then hung up on me. Couple min pass then he calls back. I hear him tell the officer "Make sure he doesnt get out of jail" Im like.. WTF. and kinda secretely flipping out.

Get to the magistrates office and they give me the bail.. $9000!! So the checked me into the jail.. They did tb tests, took blood, whole 9 yards. I am feeling low, Like crack head low. Just wondering why the hell am i here for street racing. Like the stupidest thing ever. I dont have anything on my record.. not even a speeding ticket.. and my bail is 9,000$.. they put me in a holding cell with a guy who murdered 2 people. He asked me how much my bail was and he laughed he said "****, my bail is only 5000$" I spent 3 days in jail waiting for my wife to come up with 9000 (could have paid 10% but then would lose every penny.. i'll get the 9000 back after i go to court and all is done and said with) so i got out and go to look for a lawyer. medium lawyer was 250$ an hour. so i employed him to play games with the DA. It was about 3 months before we even got the evidence. What they have on me is videos showing me racing the mustang, license plate clear as day. they have sworen statements from officers that were undercover saying i was racing and whole 9 yards. So they come with a deal.

2 different options. Option #1- I can get the car back but would cost me $4000 in fines, $500 impound charges, court fines, I can never drive the car again (has to be released to someone other than me and they have to sign that they will not let me operate the vehicle ever again), they make a list of parts they want back and i have to remove them and give them back, and i will lose my license for 3 years! Option #2- they keep the car I have to pay impound fee's, court fines, and lose my license for 3 years. Either way they said im elegible for my license back in 18 months but still a damn long time for 1 race. Especially when max for DUI here is 1 year without license. but thats where im at now. so far i have paid the lawyer over 3500$ to basically do nothing but call around. I have been to court 3 times and it has been continued over and over. I guess i am probably going to just give the car up and just cut my losses. I still owe over 11,000 on the car and seeing that i'll never be able to drive the car again mise well just forget it. I have almost everyhting off of it (had, sold it all to pay lawyer).

Just wanted to let everyone know who is street racing that the repercussions of it are real and it's a pain in the *** when you get caught. I know its hard to turn down a race in the heat of the moment but might just want to think twice. I now i have no car, Pissed off/disappointed family, am broker than ****, have to come up with 11K to pay off car somehow, been to jail, Ruined my spotless record, etc for one ****ty race that i didnt even win. Just be safe guys and be smart if you are going to do it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

High Point, NC-- After a two month investigaton into illegal street racing in Forsyth and Guilford Counties, NC Highway Patrol started "Operation DRIFT" which stands for Don't Race In Front Of Troopers. The operation started after months of complaints and tips about racing on US Highway 311 in Forsyth and Guilford Counties and Main Street in High Point. Saturday night and well into Sunday morning Troopers along with other law enforcement agencies started the crackdown on the illegal activity. So far, they've served 45 warrants and seized 12 vehicles.Troopers will continue serving warrants next week. They also plan to seize 20 more vehicles. They had a total of 72 warrants and expect to serve them all.People charged with street racing face conviction of a class 1 misdemeanor and could lose their driver's license for 3 years. Troopers are continuing the investigation into illegal street racing and working with confidential informants and anticipate additional charges soon.
Highway patrol stress that street racing isn't only illegal it is dangerous and puts lives at risk.

Operation DRIFT Results so far:

Vehicles confiscated:
Honda Civics
Ford Mustangs
Ford Cobra
BMWs
Pontiac
Chevrolet Trail Blazer

Some of the vehicles have been modified for racing and are valued from $5000 up to $150,000.

Charges issue are:
prearranged racing
spontaneous racing
reckless driving
stop sign violations
improper use of registration plate

Other law enforcement agencies involved include: Guilford County Sheriff Dept. and NC Alcohol Law Enforcement.

Background on Operation DRIFT:

High Point, NC -- In Detroit, a car accident kills a 55-year-old woman. In Las Vegas, a truck flips killing a 15-year-old girl. While in San Antonio, a 20-year-old man dies in a high-speed car crash. All these accidents have something in common, but not what you think. Police say all of these people died due to street racing. "It has reached epidemic propotions," Lt. Keith Stone from the North Carolina State Highway Patrol.

North Carolina Highway Patrol has been running Operation DRIFT which stands for "Don't Race In Front of Troopers". Sgt. Rodney Robles of the Highway Patrol says their goal is to break-up illegal street racing in Guilford and Forsyth counties. Their concentration is High Point. For several weeks, undercover troopers have infiltrated illegal street racing groups. These races would happen on the interstates like US 311 and local roads like Main Street in High Point. Racing groups would even stop traffic on highways to set up for a race. Undercover troopers say they did this on US 311 and then race for a mile or more. "They are racing for money, fame, or racing to race," says Lt. Keith Stone of the Highway Patrol. "They don't like tracks because DOT does a better job of maintaining roads," says one undercover trooper. "At times, they reach speeds of up to 140, 150 mph when racing." If you think it's just the highways, "They would speed 80, 90 mph down Main Street in High Point," ignoring traffic lights says Lt. Stone. Undercover troopers went to parties, drag strips and hung out at local hot spots such as Wal-Mart, Cook Out and Pizza Hut, to infiltrate the racing groups. They would meet every Friday or Saturday night and hang out or race anywhere form 8pm to 1am.
The people involved are mostly young white middle class males, many high school drop outs. Many of them have jobs where every penny goes into the cars. Nothing else is important. Highway troopers along with deputies from the Guilford County Sheriff office began to execute their plan to arrest 31 people, seize their vehicles and charging them with 129 counts. One of the problems with these type of cases is that law enforcement must prove it was a pre-arranged speed competition. Most cases, people are charged with a spontaneous speed competition. This doesn't allow authorities to seize the vehicles. So troopers had to go undercover to learn and show was is a pre-arranged race. Racers use cell phones, texting, even hand signals as a sign it's a "go." Troopers feel the only way to put an end to this is by taking their vehicles. Authorities say seizing the cars is the hard part and that's why they need to charge individuals with a pre-arranged speed competition. Once the car is impounded, a driver will have to be double the bond to get the car back. For instance, if the car is worth $30,000, the driver will have to pay $60,000 to get it back. If convicted, the driver not only loses their license for 3 years, their insurance, but also their ride. The car is then sold off by local authorities. This is not the first time troopers had to work undercover to break up these street racing groups. Previously, they performed similar operations in Halifax, Pitt and Edgecombe counties, and even made 30 arrests in Raleigh. Drivers are not the only people in trouble. Bystanders can be charged with disorderly conduct by attending an unlawful event or aiding and abetting an illegal speed competition.

LIST OF SUSPECTS:

Jordan Ross Biddy, 19, High Point - 2004 Dodge Ram

Jarrod Scott Bivins, 19, High Point - 2004 Pontiac GTO

William Edgar Bowen, 22, Greensboro - 93 Honda Civic

Tyler Clay Brann, 19, Trinity - 02 Pontiac

Andrew Lee Bridges, 19, High Point - 00 Honda Civic

Matthew Ryan Brown, 20, Greensboro - 06 Ford Mustang

William Joshua Caison, 21, Greensboro - 04 Nissan 350Z

Raymond Joel Cornine, III, 23, High Point - 04 Nissan Sentra

Daniel Ralph Ellis, 23, High Point - 95 Ford Mustang

Bradley Wayne Everhart, 18, Lexington - 95 Honda Civic

Jay Mitchell Hansen, 22, Greensboro - 08 Dodge Caliber

John Carl Hernandez, 43, Pilot Mountain - 87 Chevy Camaro

Colby Joel Howard, 22, Greensboro - 99 Honda Prelude

Michael Todd Landen, 30, Whitsett - 04 Ford Mustang

Christopher Bryant Long, 22, High Point - 95 BMW M3

Brandon Adam Moran, 19, Sophia - 89 Ford Mustang

Woodrow Scott Morris, 18, High Point - 08 Chevy Trailblazer

Monico Macario Morales Sanchez, 22, Archdale - 04 Mustang

Andrew Ryan See, 21, Asheboro - 08 Honda Civic (Mugen)

Christopher Manuel Simpson, 22, High Point - 05 Sunfire

Cody Matthew Sisk, 19, Walnut Cove - 95 Chevy Camaro

Jonathan Wayne Smith, 20, Mocksville - 06 Ford Mustang

Steven Isaac Stringer, 20, Randleman - 93 Honda Civic

Justin Wade Tolbert, 26, Rural Hall - 04 Mustang Cobra

Joaquin Novis Villalon, 19, Jamestown - 95 Honda Civic

John Henry Weatherman, 19, Clemmons - 95 BMW M3

·
Registered
279 Posts
as i said before, risk > reward.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
everyone has their opinion on racing .. and personally i think the penalties are too harsh for just the act.. look at it like this.

that nfl player who got convicted of vehicular manslaughter while driving DRUNK spent like 20 something days in jail.

u get arrested for racing they take your car, license and other stuff as well as doing time.

now wtf is worse..killing someone WHILE your drunk in a car, or seeing who has a faster car where no one gets hurt?

either make the drunk fuckers pay, or ease off us.

compared to drunk driving deaths, racing accidents/deaths is like 3% of dwi deaths.. so who do u really think she have more severe penalties?

·
Registered
104 Posts
everyone has their opinion on racing .. and personally i think the penalties are too harsh for just the act.. look at it like this.

that nfl player who got convicted of vehicular manslaughter while driving DRUNK spent like 20 something days in jail.

u get arrested for racing they take your car, license and other stuff as well as doing time.

now wtf is worse..killing someone WHILE your drunk in a car, or seeing who has a faster car where no one gets hurt?

either make the drunk fuckers pay, or ease off us.

compared to drunk driving deaths, racing accidents/deaths is like 3% of dwi deaths.. so who do u really think she have more severe penalties?
I agree. I think they need to swap the penalties for drunk driving and street racing.

·
Registered
26,965 Posts
thats damn true i think that was dante stallworth.

also if the track had like one day a week where it was open past 9pm like maybe midnight or 1am or something it might also help deter some people from doing it in the street.

·
Registered
26,965 Posts
Well in NY they confiscate your car and you lose your lic for a while as well.
not to mention the whole heap of fines and jail time lol

Attachments

1 - 20 of 32 Posts