A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So about two days ago, my car just stopped starting. I have new spark plugs and my throttle body was just cleaned, so I know those aren't the problem. I took a look at the starter, saw it was super rusty, so I tried to take it out so I could put a new one in. Well I have disconnected the starter completely, but it's still stuck to the trans. Sprayed it with a bunch of PB Blaster over the course of several hours, tried shoving it in every which way, even tried dropping the entire weight of the car on the starter by jacking it up and catching it on a jack stand. All to no avail. I want to avoid taking this to a mechanic, and I'm running out of ideas. What should I do?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Okay so you need to look at a Haynes manual for the Nissan Maxima and Sentra!.. Maxima is he same set up exactly (pretty much) but differences are the cylinders and how many plus the if you have both like I do you’ll see that it shouldn’t take act of Congress to do such. Call a mobile mechanic they might just help you n charge for the gas!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the suggestions, but I was able to get it off a couple days ago by getting it towed to a shop. Forgot to ask how they got it off, but it turns out that the reason why it wouldn't start is that the guys at Ace Hardware put my computer into lockout mode as they made my spare key. Well now I have a very big problem, and I'll be making a different thread for that :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts