A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
It's reading 43 psi while cranking.
Good. In your OBD II scantool, what is the anti-theft status? Do you see an RPM signal coming through when you crank it? It should also display a voltage reading, what does it show? Did any codes come back after you attempted to crank it?

Basically the way you're going to solve this is by looking at the live data and seeing what doesn't look right.

·
Registered
88 Posts
MIL status still off after cranking. With battery fully charged fuel pressure was around 50 psi.
What are some of the symptoms of bad grounding in the car?
Slow cranking, electrical gremlins, sometimes ECU codes, that sorta thing.

You can always add some temporary grounds and see what it does.

There's gotta be a smoking gun somewhere on the OBD II live data.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
MIL status came on today and gave a code P0462 Fuel level sensor circuit A low
Also my gas gauge and dash lights aren't coming on with key turned on.
I did let a bit of gas out while testing fuel pressure and looked at spark plugs again yesterday. Rented a better obd scanner from AutoZone an innova 3100 said it reads live data but can't seem to figure that out.
Anyone know what P0462 most likely means?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Also not hearing fuel pump turn on when key is turned. Car cranks and fuses are good.
MIL status came on today and gave a code P0462 Fuel level sensor circuit A low
I did let a bit of gas out while testing fuel pressure and looked at spark plugs again yesterday. Rented a better obd scanner from AutoZone an innova 3100 said it reads live data but can't seem to figure that out.
Anyone know what P0462 most likely means?
Also not hearing fuel pump turn on with key on, car cranks and fuses are good.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I appreciate the help. The new scanner also brought up an OEM enhanced code U1001 which could be a faulty ECM or problem with ground. Gonna try a ground strap or two otherwise I have no idea either.

·
Registered
88 Posts
If all the plugs and pins on the ECU look good, you've replaced/added grounds to remedy any potential issue there, I would lean towards ECU failure. I wish I could be more help, but this is strange and that's the only thing(s) that makes sense.

Do you mean the cluster backlight, or the warning lights in the gauge cluster? If it's the backlight, maybe it is a ground/short/harness issue.

Nissan U1001 Code:

• Controller Area Network (CAN) communication harness is open or shorted
  • Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)
  • Poor harness ground connection.
Pretty much as we suspected.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
My whole dash as in the odometer, check engine light and fuel gauge isn't coming on. Still have power to radio and lights. Afraid it's the ECU as well. In the process of checking all grounds now.
Can anyone tell me exactly where I can find these grounds for the ECM? Can't figure out if theyre in cabin or under hood

·
Registered
240 Posts
Good day to you Tritton and Happy Holidays alike yourself and family!

Honestly I did not want to start a war here but when the suitor advised AGAINST aftermarket / additional grounding I backed away from this thread.

What can my puny four years of electrical theory compare to his degree of acumen on the above topic. So rather starting a electrical fire I backed down.

As for to whom started this thread I will reiterate your car is showingall the signs of a fried PCM and due to poor eroded grounds and inadequate grounds my PCM had fried. Car would crank, pump would prime, but section on board that controls injector pulse was fried.

1) BNIB pcm
2) 2J-Racing ground kit
3) made a few custom grounds as well

Car runs cherry now WAIT TILL YOU SEE THE STEERING WHEEL WHEN IT COMES BACK FROM REDLINE GOOD it is getting redone in red perforated leather and I just got a NEW PCM from NisFormance OH SCHIDT HOTNESS!!!!
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

Motor vehicle Automotive design Luggage and bags Bag Red

Grille Automotive lighting Vehicle Car Automotive design

Watch White Analog watch Clock Watch accessory

Helmet Sports gear Motorcycle helmet Automotive design Headgear

21 - 35 of 35 Posts