A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was re wiring my subs today after I blew out a relay on my remote wire and everything worked fine, until out of nowhere they stop working. I checked all the wiring, its fine the power light is on, and the amp is NOT in protect mode. Everything looks perfectly normal but my subs are getting no power whatsoever. It was working fine when I first hooked it up but it just randomly cut out and wont work now. Help please

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
you check the grounds? and the fuses? fuse on the amp too? amp overheating?

·
Registered
569 Posts
if your amp is on and nothing is working its either your rca line gave out, the output on your headunit is off, or your amp is fried or turned down

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
you check the grounds? and the fuses? fuse on the amp too? amp overheating?
I said all power lights were normal, and not in protect. If a fuse was blown or a ground disconnected the power light would not be on. But the ground is secure I checked it, and amp at normal heat. Allow me to simplify the question amp is getting normal power, but the subs are not

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I said all power lights were normal, and not in protect. If a fuse was blown or a ground disconnected the power light would not be on. But the ground is secure I checked it, and amp at normal heat. Allow me to simplify the question amp is getting normal power, but the subs are not
does the speaker make any noise when you power on/off the radio?, like he said above, is a signal going thru your rca's?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
NoNo, no sound or movement at all. I did not check the RCA cables that is a possibility I may have overlooked :eek: I cleaned my car out today and may have accidentally pulled them out. Ill check it out, but I feel like if that were the case then why did it cut out mid drive, cables don't just magical pop out. Assume RCA cables are fine any other ideas?

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
each aftermarket radio is different. but i know my kenwood i can set which preamp output is on/off, whether each output is low/mid/high.

i know sometimes i used to hear a slight bump when i turned the radio on, basically a small bump, probably from improper wiring was getting transferred thru my rca to the sub.

and if you cleaned your car, theres possibility you turned down the dials/settings on the amp itself, so you might not hear anything coming out. settings like freq, bass, or crossover.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Depending on how the subs are wired, may e the wiring came loose inside he box, make sure you didn't blow the subs. They will stop working with no sound, or at least a few of mine did. Could be you rca cable came loose. Bottom line your either not getting a signal to the speakers, or you turned everything down on your amp.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
::scratches head:: did you check the rca's are still plugged in? you did check ALL the wires on the amp yes? maybe some wires in the box were crappily made? or like he said, maybe you blew the speaker.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
I had to try my amp and my sub on a buddy's stereo to find out my ground wasn't good enough. I'm not saying it's your ground, I'm saying if you want to completely eliminate if it's your equipment, try it on another car. If it works, it's wiring or head unit related. If it doesn't work, then your amp or sub is the culprit.

Honestly it could be several different things. Try to factor out the equipment and move from there.

·
Registered
569 Posts
still think its a faulty RCA wire. i had problem with mine for awhile, couldnt figure out what it was. ended up being the solder connection built in to the rca cable was broke. sometimes it would make contact, other times it wouldnt

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
still think its a faulty RCA wire. i had problem with mine for awhile, couldnt figure out what it was. ended up being the solder connection built in to the rca cable was broke. sometimes it would make contact, other times it wouldnt
It could very well be that, good point.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Just take the damn thing apart wire by wire and check all the connections. Do some work and then get back to us. The interwebs cannot physically fix your problem. You have many things to look for, if you check everything suggested and it still occurs the part time trouble shooters of b15u are always here.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I had a similar problem with my sounds and would trip out when they would cut off. When I checked all the wiring it turned out that the positive and negative wires that connect from the sub to the box would get loose because of all the bass. It would shake it so it would go in and out. I would check that first!!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.