A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
So i know many other sentra owners have the notorious sunroof problem. If you have the same problem i did, it getting stuck open and the sunroof reset not fixing i. I have a solution. This dose involve taking the glass off. This was my first time doing it and it took about 10 min to do. I even checked for leaks with a water bottle when i was done. No Leaks!!!!

Here's what you will need

1. T25 torex screwdriver
2. A safe place to put the glass

you will need to take out these four torex screws

Then take the sunroof off CAREFULLY. If you drop and break it your preatty much screwed.

Then push the sliders forward until the sit in the groove where it makes a hump.

Then put the glass back on and screw the screws back in. I used the side of my hand to push up on the glass to make an even seal for no leaks. Do this on both sides and then make sure the back is about a hair higher than the roof and the front of the glass is a hair lower than the roof. And your done.

·
Premium Member
39,110 Posts
Thanks for the write up.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dude i was gettin soo pissed that it wouldnt close lol. So i took it off and figured i should make this thread for everyone else that had the same problem i did.

·
Premium Member
39,110 Posts
I am sometimes afraid to use mine because it always rains here and it would suck for that to get stuck open. lol...

It's weird that these thing never get stuck closed.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i know right and with all this crazy ass snow by me i had to fix it fast. And when i took of the cover to look into the internals of the motor assembly i found one gear that had chunks missing and they didnt fall out. where would they have gone?

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
nice ill do this when my invisible sunroof gets this problem xD ..

i want a fucking sunroof ¬¬

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
^^ hahaha nice

·
Premium Member
39,110 Posts
If I remember correctly, the teeth might be in the housing that holds the gears.

I read about it somewhere on another forum.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
is it possible to buy the internal gears and replace them for cheap rather than by a new motor for about $300 from nissan?

·
Premium Member
39,110 Posts
That, I don't know. But if you could hit up a parts place or a junk yard, you might get lucky.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah hopefully

·
Registered
50 Posts
this seems to happen to me more so on very hot days, like 80+ degree weather. not much in the cold. maybe something to do with the teeth on the gears warping/slipping due to high temps? im sure they're probably made of cheap plastic.....

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah they r cheap plastics

·
Registered
167 Posts
mine is stuck as we speak, been that way for about 3 weeks.. i managed to force it foward and down so theres a slight crack in the glass and the roof of my spec. thank good for trees kus im in so flo and it sux when its rain all krazy.. but im gonna do this tom and see what happens.. i hear the gears turning and motor going just no movement.. damn florida weather seducing to open that shit then cooking it till it didnt work anymore.. son of a ..

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
that sucks bro. but dont force it down u can crack the glass, like u got. u can also break the teeth on the tracks, destroy the motor, and the whole assembly. let me know how this works out for ya.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2010 Nissan Sentra SR, in the FALL of the beginning of the year 2021, my sunroof would open and close by itself, and when I would try to operate the normal buttons of open/wtilt/close it would be unresponsive and still do it's thing. I started with disconnecting the switch part. Nothing, still acted the same. I got so frustrated I disconnected the motor and tried to manually turn it to close the window on the tracks. It's a hair from the close position... It just won't go into the last part where the south side of the glass doesn't pop up for the perfects seal. I've been taping the some betch and it's about to start snowing soon!! Please help

1 - 18 of 18 Posts